We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quite Beaches and things to do away from the crouds

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Quite Beaches and things to do away from the crouds

I am going St Raphael in Auguhst. I am looking for things to do away from the crouds. Finding things to do where it is busy is easy and we will do plenty of that.

I'll have a car, my wife and three kids. We like walking and would love to find a quiet (ish) beach.

Thanks for any suggestions

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quite Beaches and things to do away from the crouds

Check out the small sandy beaches of Theoule sur mer. From the town center there is a small promenade heading east towards pointe de l aiguille. Two small sandy beaches and one larger one - all public. Lifeguards during summer, outdoor showers, great rocky cliffs and clean water. Off the typical tourist path. Worth the visit.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,457 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quite Beaches and things to do away from the crouds

You won't find many places in August on the Cote d'Azur that meet your criteria. But I suppose you could say the same about Brighton.

Luckily you are within easy reach of the very scenic Esterel Coast which has plenty of small coves and can be considered 'relatively ' quiet. As well as Theoule that Wayfarer mentions I could suggest Agay and Antheor. Also the long wide beach of Boulouris which is a suburb of St Raphael is worth a visit.

But getting up early is a must for finding your own space as well as a parking space.

NB re walking opportunities you will find the interior of the Esterel almost completely wooded and unspoilt - a great rarity around here.

Ed

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
Agay
Agay
Saint-Raphael, France
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quite Beaches and things to do away from the crouds

Two great posts, thanks. I will be doing the exploring at the start of the holiday while I am excited. This way I can spend the second week at my new favourite places.

Yeah Brighton is too busy in the summer, I stay away from the pier area. we only moved recently so I am still finding the quiet spot for the summer.

Mentioned in this post
Brighton
Brighton
Brighton and Hove, UK
4. Re: Quite Beaches and things to do away from the crouds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16