We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Hi, can anyone please advise if you don't have a car and use buses are there routes from nice - Eze - Grande Corniche then back down to the villefranche?

Many thanks

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Bonjour, Ladypp,

I don't know of a bus that takes that full route. The following link describes how to use a bus to get from Nice to Eze and Monaco by bus:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k51…

You may also take a local train to Eze and Villefranche-sur-Mer from Nice.

I found the following link. Please look under "Most Scenic Bus Routes.'

frenchrivieratraveller.com/Transport/Bus.html

A side note: I have read elsewhere that the best views of Eze are from the Jardin Exotique.

MrsJAS

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Yes, there are buses that will go from Nice to Eze village, up to Grande Corniche and then back down to Beaulieu/Villefranche

when are you planning to do this?

timetable here- note many timetables anf routes change on the 15th july.

www.lignesdazur.com/horaires_ligne/…

Bus 112 or 82 go from Nice vauban [ small bus station near vauban tram stop] to Eze village

bus 82 goes from Eze village up to the Grande Corniche

Bus 83 goes from Plateau de la Justice/Grande corniche to Beaulieu via Eze village. From there you can connect to bus 100 , bus 81 or walk to Villefranche.

If making a connection with total journey time of 74 mins of less, you can reuse the same cardboard ticket on the next bus/tram. Tickets cost 1euro50 or you can buy a multi10 , 10 journey ticket from tram machines for 10 euros.

you can use these multi10s for multiple people - validate as many times as people on first bus/tram then only once when making a connection.

NB there are lots of errors on the ''most scenic bus rides'' site linked in post 1 , above, Additionally the 3 routes mentioned are not the only scenic routes or necessarily the most scenic.

Don't take the train to Eze station - it is at sea level, well below the perched village of Eze, you would just need to take bus 83 or walk neitzche's path up to the village [ allow approx an hour , very rough steep path - have water , decent shoes, be fit]

Also note that to get to Eze village itself from the bus 112 or 82 bus stop [on the moyenne corniche] , its a fair steep climb and the cobbles within the village are very steep , slick and piolished even when dry - decent footware recommended.

The jardin exotique is a fabulous view, and a must see if in the village - but the view from the Grande corniche on a good day is outstanding as well [short walk from last stop on bus 82 for best viewpoint]

i have also deleted the ''top question'' link , as it was vastly out of date and info can't be edited to take into account the upcoming route changes, past fare changes , etc.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Bus 82 which goes from Nice Vauban to Eze continues the short distance to the terminus at Plateau de la Justice which is on the Grande Corniche. Bus 116 goes to La Turbie, which is also on the Grande Corniche. Bus 83 will take you from Plateau de la Justice to Beaulieu, then bus 81 or 100 or the train or a 30 minute walk to Villefranche. I often cycle on the Grande Corniche but it is not to be recommended for the inexperienced. Buses are not frequent so best to check at lignesdazur.com

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Bonjour, SelkieNice,

Thank you for coming along and making corrections to my reply. I should have been patient and waited for you to give a reply to Lady.

I wonder how many people have relied on the link that you had deleted. I wish more people would delete obsolete links.

Merci,

MrsJAS

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

Alison,

You beat me to it with your comprehensive reply.

Ladypp,

Although I am almost 71, as a life long walker in difficult places, I wouldn't regard the bus stop to the top of Eze and back as difficult in any way unless you have ambulatory problems.

Bob

6. Re: Public Transport Nice - Eze - Grande Corniche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16