We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

1 post
Save Topic
Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

So I will in Marseille with my friend on Sept. 3rd and 4th.. I decided to take advantage and travel through the coast. I have always wanted to see St. Maxime, Cannes, Antibes, Nice, Eze, Monaco, Carcassonne, Nimes and St Tropez.

Ideally I will be traveling by train. However, I have no idea how to plan my itinerary, or how much time I should spend in each town. Right now I am looking at hotels and although the prices are reasonable, these are many towns. Will a week be sufficient to see all of these places? Any suggestions are appreciated...

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

Hi

First get yourself a map, some of your cities are west of Marseilles (Carcassonne, Nimes), some east.

Cannes, Antibes are really close by.

For me Eze, St Trop can be seen during day trips, Nice is very big, several days is ok, Carcassonne is one day trip , Cannes and Antibes I'd say one night for both or for each if you decide to have some nightlife.

St Maxime can be seen on the fly, Nimes I don't remember. Monaco can be one day too, and you can add Menton on the way.

There may be more, much more to seee (gorges du verdon for one, cole sur loup I like, Grimaud, and several others). Michelin green guide can be very very helpful.

Enjoy your holiday.

Edited: 14 July 2014, 21:07
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,690 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

You have listed 10 different places for 7 days. I say you would struggle.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

It's actually only TWO days. Impossible.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,090 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

Are you staying 2 days in Marseille and asking in addition how much more for all the towns listed?

If so, about 2-3weeks would be good. If one week then limit the places.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

Travelling by train you will not be able to get to St Tropez, Ste Maxime or Eze (Village).

Ed

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

First of all, get a map and study it. To visit all of the towns you have listed, a week is nowhere near enough. Remember each time you move you lose at least half a day. Your current itinerary is about 2 weeks

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

You are staying in Marseille for 2 days and want to plan a one week itinerary after that taking in the places you mention ( 9 days in total)?

It can be done , but your plans would definitely work better if you can allocate extra days

How are you getting to Marseille ( train, plane ?) and where are you headed afterwards?

8. Re: Ideal itinerary for the Cote d'Azur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:15