We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cote D'Azure in November

East Greenwich...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Cote D'Azure in November

considering a trip in November. I realize this is off season so wondering what the weather is like? I've read it is in the 60's but can rain. Also would like to rent a car and see Cannes, Monaco, Nice, Eze, Saint Tropez. How difficult is driving in the off season as far as finding parking etc? Also what is the best town for home base? I have looked at several options, a few night in Cannes and a few nights in Monaco or possibly staying in one location the whole time such as Nice or St. Jean-Cap-Feret. Any advise is greatly appreciated from experienced travelers on this topic. Thank you!!!!!! :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cote D'Azure in November

The Cote d'Azur tends to be fairly busy year-round. It will be quieter in November and, yes, the weather can be wet then, too. I have been in December several times and it has ranged from sunny enough to walk around in only a long-sleeved top to wet and fairly wintery. Parking is expensive and limited all the year round...

I would recommend Nice as your base, but it is not too fun with a car.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cote D'Azure in November

We usually travel at the end of October. Yes, we can have some rain, but it usually blows over and the weather is glorious. I wouldn't hesitate to extend out trip into November, but as with anywhere your might find yourself in that fall, the weather can be a little more volatile/rainy than in the summer. We've been good with it, however, and the best part about traveling in the off season is that you get to enjoy the wonderful spots that are usually overrun with tourists during the peak travel seasons. Some services and establishment may cut back, but the larger cities, Cannes and Nice in particular, have year round populations to support their businesses staying open. Driving and finding parking can be annoying during the summer, but you should be fine in November.

I think I would recommend one base and as the region's largest cities, either Nice or Cannes. Those cities are likely to be the most active, but don't let that be you limiting factor. A corner room at the Hotel Welcome in Villefranche would be lovely. The area is pretty compact and you can easily travel to other destinations - both coastal and inland - from one base, and you can do that by car or on the region's excellent public transportation system.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,887 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cote D'Azure in November

Can be mixed. I normally swim till the first week in November and seen a crowded beach in Antibes on All Saint's Day. But also heavy downpours (and I mean monsoon heavy) and giant hailstones. Parking should be without the horror stories of summer altho there is always significant commuter traffic into places like Monaco.

Ed

4. Re: Cote D'Azure in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:16