We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do around Nice and St tropes

mumbai
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do around Nice and St tropes

My wife and I are planning to stay for 2 nights in St Tropes and 3 nights in Eze.....Can someone please suggest some itineraries? We will be driving around.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do around Nice and St tropes

When are you traveling and will you be staying in the mountain village of Eze or Eze Bord du Mer, closer to the coastline?

Depending upon your dates, parking could be an issue along the coast, and you may find it more convenient to take public transportation. There are bus routes that pass through Eze to Monte Carlo and Nice, and the Eze train station that sits below the village is connected to the village via another bus route. However, you will need to be watchful of when the bus routes stop for the day.

My first suggestion would be for you to spend a day in Nice and you could do a daytrip to Beaulieu sur Mer/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche sur Mer, one of my favorite parts of the Cote d'Azur. There is a bus from the village to Beaulieu sur Mer, but again, you will have to be careful about evening routes. You may also want to travel to Menton, and I would probably drive for that excursion.

Come back if you want more information on public transportation.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,359 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do around Nice and St tropes

As you have chosen two very different places that are quite far apart I assume you have already done some research. If you are coming in summer St Tropez will be extremely busy while Eze will be extremely quiet (at night -in the day it is a magnet for day trippers).

In between the route is very scenic but avoid the motorway and stick to the coast. Cannes,Juan les Pins and Antibes will all be worth seeing. East of Nice the Corniches (Eze is on the Moyenne), Villefranche and Monaco. Inland drive around the Gorges du Loup.

It is true that the coast between Cannes and Monaco is congested and parking difficult so public transport -regular and cheap-is a good idea.

Ed

Edited: 16 August 2014, 17:59
3. Re: Things to do around Nice and St tropes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 06:16