We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

Dun Laoghaire...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

Hi, hope you can help... We are travelling to Antibes-Juan les Pins in June for a wedding. I can get pretty cheap flights to Marseille and was wondering what would be the best way of travelling from Marseille airport to Antibes-Juan les Pins, train, car rental??

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

I would be inclined to take the express shuttle bus from the airport to Marseille. This goes to the bus station adjoining the main Marseille St Jean railway station. There is a train about every hour from there to Antibes. For timetables click the Horaires Seuls button on www.voyages-sncf.com.

If you have a look at the Marseille Aeroport website you will see that there is the possibility of using a link to the nearby Vitrolles rail station. It may be worth looking at this but the schedules are not regular and in some cases you would have to change at Marseille anyway.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

I agree with the post above BUT it depends how many in your group. The airport link bus costs 8.50 euro per person to the train station. Add in your train fare to Antibes and, if you are 2 or more, you are in sight of the cost of car hire. Train fares, as in UK, are cheaper if bought in advance so I would price up both options now. Look at the Marseille airport website under Access information for the bus details.

Assuming your return flight is also from Marseille, remember to think about the convenience of the return train journey as there is a slightly annoying gap in the middle of day which can make for a long wait at the airport.

Having said that, I have taken the train/bus to Marseille airport on many occasions and think it all works fine.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

How cheap are the cheap flights ?

It will be an extra 60 euros at least per person to travel to and from Marseille airport and be 3-4 hours of travel each way so make sure your flight times work with the train timings

Nice airport is 40 mins to an hour and a half travel depending on whtehr you take the express bus or the local bus ,. Train is also-0 possible about half an hour but trains are less reliable

Edited: 17 February 2010, 19:35
UK
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

I can only second what xkiwi says about timings - if you fly home from Marseille make sure you give yourself PLENTY of time to get to the airport, and book yourself a TGV train in advance if you go by train. The shuttle bus from Marseille St Charles to the airport is fast and frequent but at 17 euro a return journey, not what you'd call cheap.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

Find it hard to believe you can,t get a Dublin/ Nice flight via Ryanair or Aer Lingus cheaper and more convenient than Marseilles plus train/hire car? Recently travelled Nice /Dublin /London with Aer Lingus cheaper than one way Nice / London.

Ed

6. Re: From Marseille to Antibes-Juan les Pins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:19