We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Biot by public transport

Which Biot hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Biot by public transport

I will be traveling with friends to Nice next March. I'd like to take a look at Biot. We won't have a car, and some of us are not great walkers. Can someone instruct me as to the best way to get from Nice to Biot village? If it involves a bus transfer, does that mean two tickets? And is it possible to purchase all tickets for the Cote d'Azur in Nice?

I'm also interested in the Verrerie, if that's anywhere near the village...Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Biot by public transport

You can take the train from Nice to Antibes - 2 or 3 an hour -around 35 mins circa 5 euro. Local bus No.10 from Antibes to Biot 1 euro. An alternative route is to get off the train at Biot train station -note this is a long way from the village and pick up the bus there. But you will miss the lovely town of Antibes. Bus from Nice to Antibes (no 200) only 1.5 euro but not recommended - slow -up to hour and a half and crowded.

The glass works are below the village beside the tourist car park. A shuttle bus travels up to the village from here.

Ed

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Biot by public transport

Take the train from Nice to Biot Gare , [buy tickets from blue machines with coins or chip and pin cards or from the counters- you can buy in advance if you specify the date and use the ticket on the correct date] then take the bus number 10 from there to Biot village. Buy the bus ticket from the driver. Note that this bus may have a display stating the next stop, but this may be out of synch with the stops]

the Biot shuttle between village and foot of village /glass blowers only runs in summer and during special events -eg the templar festival

boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Biot by public transport

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my question in such detail.

Reply to: Nice to Biot by public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Biot