We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mountain bike hire

Which Cagnes-sur-Mer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
9 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
mountain bike hire

Hi

We are arriving in Haut de cagnes on 17th september for a week. Am very keen to hire mountain bikes for a day or two to be able to explore the area. Can anyone tell me where we can hire bikes in or around Cagnes sur mer and also suggest some good routes to explore.

Many thanks

mwchyn

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,214 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mountain bike hire

Hi,

I tend to bring my own bike to the Riviera, but googling "location - velo - cagnes" will produce a couple of results, including a map of the places.

Remember that it is possible to bring the bikes with most of the local trains - this will enable you to save time or avoid some less interesting suburban areas.

Get a good map (michelin´s green or yellow series espeically)

For instance I can recommend La Napoule with the very interesting chateau-musee (includes a cafe by the sea and a beach just nearby), as well as the Massif de l´Esterel, for instance the very excursion in the Val Mal Infernet from Agay. Depending on how fit you are (or if you simply want to walk up the mountain roads/paths), the Esterel provides some fine scenery.

The smaller mountain roads in the interior are really nice in general, but you need some stamina, there are some rather tough mountain passes.

You might benefit from these threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187216-i137-k4386…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k3888…

Regards,

Joen

Edited: 04 September 2011, 19:02
Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
9 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mountain bike hire

Thank you Joen. I will look at what you advised now.

Mwchyn

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,214 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mountain bike hire

Oops, a word was missing; I meant to say that the Mal Infernet excursion is very easy ...

Joen

4. Re: mountain bike hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Cagnes-sur-Mer