We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip to cagnes sur mer

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1st trip to cagnes sur mer

hya guys this is our 1st time in this part of france please could someone tell us what its like and is it safe from picpockets out there, and is it expensive, please could you reply asap

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,803 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st trip to cagnes sur mer

Cagnes-sur-Mer is nice enough, with good swimming on the beach. You have a train station with direct trains to Nice/Cannes/Monaco.

I have only experienced crime once on the Cote d'Azur - on New Years Eve - and usually it is a pretty safe area. Cagnes-sur-Mer is smaller than Nice, too, so with more locals.

The whole of the Riviera is quite expensive compared to, say, Brittany with prices comparable to Paris.

Edited: 08 September 2012, 15:44
UK
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st trip to cagnes sur mer

I stayed in the perched village, Haut de Cagnes, last year and it was wonderful. The beach resort is OK, it has suffered a bit from town expansion without much planning so it sprawls a bit. The beach part is really Cros de Cagnes, then Cagnes sur Mer is the main town, and Haut de Cagnes is the perched village. I liked it well enough to go back some time.

3. Re: 1st trip to cagnes sur mer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Cagnes-sur-Mer