We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch restaurant

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
lunch restaurant

Hi. I searched the forum for a Cannes restaurant for lunch. I'm making it hard because I don't like seafood. I liked the look of Boho Bistro, but it seems to be mostly Italian. Any suggestions? I wasn't crazy about the menu of Astoux et Brun. It doesn't have to be waterfront. Thanks in advance!

8 replies to this topic
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
69 reviews
70 helpful votes
1. Re: lunch restaurant

Le Bistrôt de Grand Mère in Le Suquet.

https://lebistrotdegrandmere.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/menu-maijuin.pdf

For something lighter, So Benedict is very good indeed.

https://so-benedict.com/en/home/

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
2. Re: lunch restaurant

Hi, there. Love that pug, or as they say, carlin, in french! Le Bistro looks good. I like the idea of So Benedict, but the link you sent is for the island of St. Martin in the Caribbean, I believe. Thanks for the thought.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
69 reviews
70 helpful votes
3. Re: lunch restaurant

Oops, that's the second time I've done that! I sent the same link to a friend by mistake. Here is the correct link:

https://cotedazurfrance.fr/en/offers/so-benedict-cannes-en-4868371/

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
4. Re: lunch restaurant

I would love a trip to the Caribbean, too! I am also looking for tarte tartine as dessert for lunch, possibly. I see

Le Bistro de Grand Mere has it, but only for dinner. Also, are chicken dishes typically with bones or without in France. It's been too many years since I've been there. Just wondering if it appears that people are fed up with tourists. I noticed there's an airport in Nice and wonder if it's caused tension. Thanks for all the help.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
69 reviews
70 helpful votes
5. Re: lunch restaurant

1. When I have chicken here, it's usually a chicken breast, but sometimes you'll see a "suprême de volaille" on the menu (a breast with an attached wing or leg, skin-on).

2. The French Riviera economy depends on tourism, and locals know it. In general, people are welcoming.

3. Nice Airport is an international airport and has been in operation for nearly 100 years.

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
6. Re: lunch restaurant

That's almost as old as me! I will definitely look for the words "supreme de volaille"

Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
7. Re: lunch restaurant

I know it's not a sit down restaurant. Has anyone tried Phil Cat? I read about it in a guide book. I've never heard of something called a "cabin" with regard to providing food. The pics look great!

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
69 reviews
70 helpful votes
8. Re: lunch restaurant

You may have to post in the Cannes forum to get a reply from someone who has been there.

Reply to: lunch restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cannes
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.