We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore
2 posts
Save Topic
Nice

What are the places to visit in and around Nice? Places which can one can visit in an afternoon and evening. And what are the best means of transport which are not too expensive?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice

http://en.nicetourisme.com/discover-nice

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice

This discussion might help get you started:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k4471…

The Cote d'Azur has one of the best systems for public transportation that I've seen on any of my travels. Basically, trains run along the coastline, linking the resorts, and buses will take you inland to such places a Eze, the mountain village closest to Nice, and St. Paul de Vence, more in the direction of Cannes. Buses are the least expensive way to travel - most fares are one Euro each - and they also run along the coast. However, trains are usually the faster way to travel as buses make frequent stops and are subject to the sometimes brutal traffic. Trains run frequently so there is no reason to book in advance, but it's a good idea to buy your tickets the evening before you travel as daytime lines can be long. This is especially true in the mornings.

Have a great trip!

Marina del Rey...
Level Contributor
130 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice

I would suggest that you visit/stay in old Nice, the building, shops... are so beautiful, take the bus as Troggs suggested from old nice, there is a place where all buses stop and leave from old Nice to north cities like cannes and the like or go south to Mont Carlo, Menton ......, this is one Euro per person and it does stop a lot, the coast line is amazing and it worth traveling by the bus stopping at those different places.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice

Combinations which work well:

Cannes in am /lunch then Antibes for afternoon/evening /dinner. Train to Cannes, break your journey on the way back in Antibes.

Bus to Eze village then back on bus to Monaco. Train back to Nice breaking your journey at Villefranche for dinner.

Bus to Vence then to St Paul de Vence.

Ed

5. Re: Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 15:17