We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in French Riviera 3 days

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in French Riviera 3 days

Hi,

I am planning to travel from Geneva by car during the last week of May.

I have a 19 month old infant. I have booked a cottage near Frejus\St Rafael.

Upon arrival, I will have 2.5 days to spend in the region.

Can you please recommend a good plan ? (assuming I would be driving from from the base location around Frejus)

My interest: Cannes, Monaco and Nice.

Atleast one sand beach (kids friendly)

Rgds

Deepak

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in French Riviera 3 days

Hello,

If you are staying near St Raphael, there are good sandy beaches there. Frejus has an interesting history.

Unfortunately you are at the wrong end of the Riviera to easily get to Cannes Monaco and Nice and see much of them in one day.

However, if you take the coast road from St Raphael you will have a beautiful drive from St Raphael to Cannes- the Esterel red rock scenery is beautiful and there are plenty of places to stop and stretch your legs en route with sandy beaches.

Cannes itself has sandy beaches and car parks are well sign posted.After stopping there for a look around you could easily continue on the coast road to Antibes, through Golfe Juan, Juan Les Pins (more sandy beaches) around the Cap d'Antibes and spend a few hours in Antibes too.

With an infant, I wouldn't try to do too much more than that in one day, before heading back to Frejus using the A8 autoroute which is much faster than the coast road .

I would tackle Nice and Monaco on a different day and take the A8 autoroute direct to Monaco, park in a car park and look round, then head back to Nice on the coast road- you will pass through Beaulieu which has a sandy type beach en route.

Then in Nice again find a car park and look round the old town and Promenade 9 pebble beach), before taking the A8 back to base.

You could try to cram it all into one day, but it might be a very long and not particularly rewarding one IMHO.

Hope this helps

2. Re: Things to do in French Riviera 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:16