We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes La Bocca

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes La Bocca

Hi,

My husband and I are visiting south of France in August and exploring accommodation options. We currently have a reservation at the Intercontinental Cannes but also exploring apartment rentals as we'd really like to have a pool which the Intercontinental does not offer. I found an interesting apartment option at Cannes la Bocca. This is our first time in the area so not sure what the area around there is like....any comments would be welcome.

Thanks!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes La Bocca

Be aware that Cannes La Bocca is not Cannes - it is an industrial estate well to the west of Cannes and has very little in the way of facilities like shops, restaurants, or anywhere to stroll in the evening that make up the special environment of Cannes or anywhere else on the Cote d'Azur. If you don't care for the Intercontinental I am sure you can find an apartment in Cannes itself.

Ed.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes La Bocca

Heed the advice above.

Cannes La Bocca town has general shops and restaurants but it is a little rough round the edges and you will be isolated from Cannes itself and all that is there.I think you might regret not staying in Cannes proper.

Not sure where in La Bocca the apartment that has caught your eye lies. However there are several seafront developments at La Bocca with pools , which may look attractive, opposite the beach but be careful because these are sandwiched between the rail line , the industrial estate and the coastal road and not even conveniently located for the facilities of La Bocca town, never mind Cannes :)

If you need a pool, several other luxury hotels in Cannes centre - including the Martinez, JW Marriott and Radisson have them as well as a few 4* properties

However, the best swimming pool by far IMO is the Med.

Several beaches including the Carlton have loungers to rent on their oversea pontoons if you don't want to sit on sand.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannes La Bocca

Thanks Soooz. I'll look into the other hotel options. The apartment is in Le Royal Palms on Boulevard Du Midi. Not sure if that's close to the area you are concerned about.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannes La Bocca

Another option is at Villa Charlotte in 16 Allee de la Foret, Cannes.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannes La Bocca

The Royal Palms is one of the developments I was thinking about - not really convenient for amenities in La Bocca or Cannes.

Allee de la Foret is not very central either, it's in Cannes but a residential area quite a long way north of the Croisette, probably 25 to 30 mins walk.

The Carlton is on the Croisette in the centre of Cannes, surrounded by all amenities so a completely different prospect

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cannes La Bocca

Thanks a lot

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cannes La Bocca

FWIW, We travel to Cannes for a convention and spent several years staying at Le Martinez. It was lovely and it's a little quieter at this end of Le Croisette than it is toward the center and the harbor. We liked that and have enjoyed many light lunches at 72, Croisette, a bistro right outside the hotel. I still go back there now that we stay in an apartment (sorry, no pool for this apartment). When I have ventured into the Carlton, I've found it a bit "bustling" for my preference. I find Le Matinez and its environs are a little less busy. As with any hotel, you can have great views or be placed on the backside, and to be honest, we've been happy with both. We don't necessarily travel for our hotel rooms and are okay with good views being when we're out and about. From the Martinez, however, you can select a room with a lovely view over the water.

We have a friend who stays at Villa D'Estelle, and that would be my second choice for a place to stay. The room we saw was a spacious studio with a mini kitchen (that's now our "must" list), and there is a pool. There are only 23 rooms in this building, however, and I've had trouble ever finding availability on line. Perhaps one of the local experts can shed light on this facility or you could try calling. The front rooms have a (sideways) view of the ocean, and the room our friend was in had a wonderful view of the courtyard behind the church where Napoleon reportedly spend his first night after returning from exile. Villa D'Estelle is located on a side street toward the harbor end of Cannes.

villadestelle.com/fr/…interieur-gallerie.php

kent
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cannes La Bocca

We stayed at the Villa D'Estelle last June and it is an excellent location, 5 mins walk to transport links, beach and supermarkets. Very very helpful reception staff at time of booking and during stay. The reason you could have trouble booking could be that during peak times many apartment lets have a 7 day sat to sat minimum. Although today (28/7) the Villa D'Estelle has vacancies if you book for 7 days in August regardless of the starting day of week. (If you do book for 7 days ask for your 10% discount!)

English : http://www.villadestelle.com/en/index.html

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cannes La Bocca

It's nice to hear that someone was similarly impressed by the Villa d'Estelle. I agree...great location, nice rooms, and very convenient. I've only tried to do "dummy" bookings and usually for shorter periods, and hadlow, your info on the booking policies makes why I've had difficulty make sense. From what I've seen, there was a nice atmosphere on both the front and backside of the building, and sometimes, "ocean view" means more noise as these rooms usually face the street.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 15:13
10. Re: Cannes La Bocca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 10:17