We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
267 reviews
Save Topic
Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

We have friends on a cruise ship stopping one day in Cannes and are due to meet them for lunch at the end of the month. No idea what kind of food they like or or their budget so I thought we would meet somewhere central and follow our noses, as a previous poster recommended

Thing is, I don't know Cannes at all. Can anyone suggest a place to meet that our friends will be able to find from their ship and with a car park nearby? Any landmarks we should be looking out for?

Many thanks in advance.

La Croisette
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Le Monastere Fortifie
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Les Murs Peints
Rue Meynadier
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

Until i saw the bit about teh car park , I was going to suggest just meeting them at the port as there are quite a few restaurants along the side .

There is a car park beside the port but i don't drive so I don't know more about it that it exists

I can give you a link to car parks

interparking-france.com/Anglais/…

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

I would suggest you head for the car park next to the Palais des Festivals by the port at the start of the Croisette which is easy to find. The Palais is signposted from the A8 and impossible to miss.

interparking-france.com/Anglais/Fiche.php3…

As to where to meet , would you prefer a bar/cafe or an open place?

Edited: 13 September 2012, 22:05
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

Hi Soooz

I was thinking of meeting in an open place and going on together from there. Thanks so much for your help.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

Sorry, me again. Do the cruise ships come in to the Vieux Port or the Port Pierre Canto? I have got both answers from my internet searches...

kent
Level Contributor
243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

There's only one place to meet and nobody can miss it. Meet on the steps of the Palais des Festivals and you may even find a red carpet laid out for you! And as SOOOZ has said the car park is 2 minutes away.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

Marvellous! Thank you.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

To answer your question, the cruise ships dock near the Vieux port.

Meeting on the red carpet is a good suggestion :)

You may also want to pop into the tourist office which is located at the foot of the steps (RHS) for complimentary maps and a restaurant guide.

On the off chance that the weather isn't great , the tourist office would be a good alternative for a rendezvous

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

Thank you all very much for your help and guidance. I have no doubt our friends will love the red carpet!

9. Re: Strangers to Cannes - where should we all meet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Cannes
Recent Conversations