We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive BA to Marseilles. How do I get to Cannes?

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
711 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Arrive BA to Marseilles. How do I get to Cannes?

I was thinking about train- but it is difficult to determine if there is a direct train (or even a station) from Marseilles airport to Cannes?

How long will it take to get from the airport to station?

Would i need to get a ticket in advance?

Am i just better hiring a car?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive BA to Marseilles. How do I get to Cannes?

There are hourly trains that take two hours. Have you got to fly into Marseille? Trains from Nice airport take around 35 minutes. Driving will also take about two hours but, with fuel and tolls, cost probably five times as much as the train.

London
Level Contributor
711 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive BA to Marseilles. How do I get to Cannes?

Thanks- yup it has to be Marseilles.

Is there a train direct from Marseilles airport? is it just the one airport?

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive BA to Marseilles. How do I get to Cannes?

There is a station near the airport - its fll name is Vitrolles- Marseiles Provence Aeroport to which there is a shuttle bus. However services are irregular and you would probably have to change at the main Marseilles Station to get to Cannes. That being so, it wold probably be simplist to catch the shuttle bus from the airport to Marseille itself which stops at the bus station which is part of the railway station complex.

4. Re: Arrive BA to Marseilles. How do I get to Cannes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:16