We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Hello,

I just confirmed an apartment that my family and I are staying at in cannes for 2 weeks in july/aug. I found it on flip key through tripadvisor and sent a wire transfer for the deposit.

I know its a little late to ask the question but is this okay? Its been 3 days and i haven't heard back that it has been received. The apt had 2 100% reviews.

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Can you post a link to the apartment so folks can have a look? Someone here might know the rental or owner.

Did you receive any sort of rental agreement? Have you read the owner's terms and conditions for renting the unit? When do you pay the final amount owed and how are you expected to pay that?

Wire transfers are not necessarily a bad thing, but you really need to know and feel confident with the person/agency you are dealing with. Once the transfer is sent, in most cases, there is no getting it back.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Wire transfers often take up to 5 working days depending on the transfer process and countries/time zones involved. If a correspondent bank is used, it can take longer.

Did you check with your bank how long they expect it to take for funds to arrive in the beneficiary account in the case of this particular transfer?

new jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Hello,

The apartment is:

flipkey.com/cannes-condo-rentals/p251601/…

Yes the contract seemed fine and the terms were fine but I haven't heard back from the owners and then i read flipkey policy about not sending wire transfers!!!

Final amount is to be paid when we arrive And the bank said that the wire transfer should have arrived the next business day which would have been thursday.

thanks

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Bank transfers often take much longer than one business day. We do it every month and it can take anywhere from 3 to 5 business days (longer if holidays fall into this time frame).

If you have a rental agreement, there should be a phone number on it. I would give the owner a quick phone call to double check the wire transfer arrived.

new jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Thanks!!!! does anyone know the owner??

Im sure its okay just worried because this is new to me.

thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,528 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Wire transfers are very common for vacation and SOOOZ and toutou are absolutely right. They take several days.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,118 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

I have done them in the past and they always worked out fine -- but I would never do them again -- and sites like flipkey and VRBO warn against them as they are such a common tool of scammers.

Since it is done, I would wait until late Monday and then inquire if you haven't had confirmation.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,753 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

This may not mean anything, but I noticed that the reviews are from 2011. I usually look for places with more current reviews. But, it looks like the calendar is kept up-to-date and the apartment appears to be booked up for the next few months, which is a good sign.

You can also have your bank trace the wire for you too.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

Ask your bank. And yes, they can take 3-5 days.

new jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental question....WiRE TRANSFER?

thanks so much for all your replies!! I finally received word that it has been received!!! so hopefully all will go well:)