We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nIce airport transfer

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
nIce airport transfer

Hello

Am just wondering whether anyone has used 'economy transfers' company for the above trip. have been quoted at 96 euro return for 2 adults, 1 toddler and a baby. Also is there any other options? Thought it was a decent price. Seems most companies count a baby as a passenger.

Regards

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nIce airport transfer

sorry forgot to add our destination is Cannes. Resideal Cannes apartments.

regards

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nIce airport transfer

I have never come across the company before .

But I would consider any one- way quote under 70 euros to be a very good price to the Resideal in central Cannes.

So the rate you have been quoted seems exceptionally cheap!

Double check that the quoted transfer is for 4 people - and that the company can provide child seats if required, also if there are any add on s and what the luggage restrictions are.

There are several other companies that provide online quotes and booking, such as ATS for comparison

If you go ahead and use this company, please let us know how you get on :)

Edited: 26 August 2013, 21:09
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nIce airport transfer

Thanks for your info. This is the website, it only accepts PayPal. Am wondering if it is legit.

http://economytransfers.eu/

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nIce airport transfer

I just had a look at the website.

The company seems to an Estonian-based broker , that offers transfers all over Europe.

It subcontracts with local suppliers and you are issued with a pre-paid voucher that gives details of the local company being used after your payment has been processed.

The use of Paypal does seem a little unprofessional but presumably this is to keep their costs low.

You will pay a currency conversion surcharge from GBP to EUR and I'm not sure whether credit card protection will apply to the booking through Paypal (if used) since the service is being subcontracted

If you do a quick search , there are threads on TripAdvisor by posters who have used the company in other locations . The ones I read seemed fairly positive

I put in random dates and the price I was quoted for 4 passengers was 152 euros return- 96 euros was the rate I saw for up to 3 passengers. The price includes one large piece of luggage and 1 small hand luggage per passenger.

My reading is that you should bring along your own child seats or they may be available if booked in advance at a supplement.

You must reconfirm your return transfer with the local company providing the transfer the day before you travel

Hope this helps

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nIce airport transfer

Thanks again, the reason I get 96 is because I type in 2 adults, 1 child and. 1 infant. Maybe it is fine, will maybe book a one way and if it works will get a return coming home. We have a 3 month old baby with us.

Booked the flights 2 days before wife declared pregnancy. Sort of forgot about them up to now, but he has a passport and its only 2.5 hr flight and it was only 40 pounds on easyjet to include him so going to give the holiday a go. Nice was so expensive for the four of us. Got brilliant offer at resideal cannes. Reviews seem ok as well.

I guess if we don't take this company maybe try 110 coach and then taxi from hotel de ville. thanks again for your help.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nIce airport transfer

If you use a private transfer and especially a broker that is based outside France make sure you have a LOCAL number to call if things don't go according to plan and there is no driver waiting for you. Nothing like trying to contact someone in Estonia who doesn't speak English and never heard of you.

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nIce airport transfer

I see what you mean about putting in 1 infant and 1 child rather than 2 children :)

I would double check with the broker to make sure that you won't be charged extra by the supplier when you get in the car

The 210 coach plus taxi from the Hotel de Ville will work too but the taxi will probably cost 20 euros.

The Resideal is in a really good location just off la Croisette

As an alternative you could take the number 8 open top bus (fare 1.5 euros) from the bus station along the Croisette and get off at the Palais stop by the JW Marriott hotel. It is about 3 minutes walk from there to the Resideal

Hope it all well for you, have a good holiday and let us know how you get on !

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nIce airport transfer

thanks again guys, yes I will maybe just bite the bullet and pay ats. They charge 60 pounds one way and seem to be a more reliable company. possibly do this one way and then coming home figure something else out. I am used doing public transport but with a 3 month old it is not possible with luggage. Yes will report back on the holiday, am looking forward to it now his passport has arrived. Easyjet are a fantastic airline when you have kids. I was in south of France 98 had a friend in Marseille, and had a blast, at the football World Cup. Marseille is nice for vieux port, well where we stayed was a different world in high rise flats.

9. Re: nIce airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Cannes
Recent Conversations