We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Film festival

Ottawa
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Film festival

Hello,

The movie Grace of Monaco will open the festival.

Could you tell me if the public will be able to see the

movie, during the festival ?l

Thank you,

Masaryk

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,748 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Film festival

no.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Film festival

datthecoast is right in that the Festival is basically a trade show limited to accredited attendees from the industry. And I understand even in the trade demand exceeds supply for the more popular films.

However some major films that are officially shown in the festival are presented in the two Cannes La Bocca ( just to west of Cannes) cinemas - Licorne and Raimu - a day or so after the glitzy premiere. The full programme is not available tilla month before the Festival. You have to queue for tickets and priority is given to members of Cannes Cinephiles ( mainly film students) These 2 cinemas are small, in one case very, so the chances of seeing any particular film by the casual visitor is low.

It should be said there are other events open to the public - the films in the 'Directors Fortnight' and free films on the beach - the latter usually classics.

This site is an interesting one with tips on getting into Cannes films - and plenty of other things - that may help.

secretearth.com/attractions/1144-cannes-film…

Ed

Edited: 30 January 2014, 10:35
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Film festival

Ed is right- some movies can be seen in public cinemas .

Prince Albert will be opening the Film Festival .The movie Grace of Monaco was supposed to open at the end of last year- after several delays it is now due to premier at the Film Festival.

I would not be at all surprised to find that the movie is one of those shown in the public cinemas, but we won't know until much nearer the time

Ottawa
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Film festival

Thank you for the information.

I am surprised to see that Prince Albert will be opening the film festival.

From what I read the princely family is not happy with the movie about their mother.

Thanks,

Masaryk

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Film festival

His serene highness will open an envelope for a good fee I have heard.

Ed

6. Re: Film festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:20