We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

`Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
`Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

We will be in Cannes for a day in July during a longer trip, and arriving by train and intended to leave our bags at the Left Luggage facility at the railway station. However I recently saw on a website that many of the railway stations facilities including Left Luggage, are not in use due to the refurbishment of the station. Does anyone know when this will be completed ?

Many Thanks.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

The station refurbishment has spiralled into a huge project.

I would be surprised if the left luggage lockers are operational before the end of this year when the work is supposed to be completed

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

Why don't you send an email to the Tourist Information office in Cannes? The lockers have beeen out of commission for quite a while now. I am sure that they have been asked the questions countless times. Maybe they can give you some direction. Maybe an alternative?

http://www.cannes-destination.fr/contact

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

There are no other left lugagge places in cannes.

i've heard suggestions that the work at the station will be continuing considerably longer than previously planned. The 4 star station hotel that should have been opening now won't be ready till 2016 at the earliest

Your options are drag luggage with you or leave at Nice ville station or Nice airport [for people with plane tickets]

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

Hey Selkie...I recognize that there are no other regular "left luggage" facilities, but if there might be some entrepenurial hotels or businesses who are willing to "fill the void" by offering a short-term left luggage solution to make few euros when the train station is out of commission.

Not sure, but it might be worth a shot.

If anyone knows..........the TI might.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 06:40
Nice, France
Level Contributor
355 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

There seems to be a place across the train station that may provide that service. It's a bar/hotel called "Le Pub" and they charge 5 Euros per luggage. I've never used them, but saw this advertise on their window.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2q36e15.jpg

Edited: 24 March 2014, 17:13
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

I was under the impression that security concerns made this practice illegal since its for non registered guests and not x-rayed , especially when close to a station , port etc

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

That's interesting info La Mediterranee .

I know where the bar/hotel is and have passed it many times. It is tiny from outside,.

I share some of Selkie's concerns and also wonder how securely they will be able to store luggage

8. Re: `Left Luggage` service at SNCF Cannes Railway Station ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:15