We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannes firework festival - suggestions

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
507 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Cannes firework festival - suggestions

Hello. Family of 4 will be in Cannes during one of the Pyrotechnique Festival event staying at the JW Marriott. I asked Marriott about arrangements during the show; it is 109 euro a person for dinner on top of the hotel where one can see the fireworks. Yikes! Can anyone suggest a place to watch the fireworks (other than the Marriott since doubtful my room will be facing the ocean) that is better priced or is this the norm? Not sure if we want to have dinner (depending upon cost).

Thanks!!!

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannes firework festival - suggestions

<<I asked Marriott about arrangements during the show; it is 109 euro a person for dinner on top of the hotel where one can see the fireworks. Yikes>>

Yikes Indeed ! That price probably includes drinks.

The Carlton. Martinez, Grand hotel etc have similarly priced packages

There are other less expensive options.

For example, have dinner somewhere else and watch the fireworks standing on la Croisette (free) , or book a deckchair at one of the beaches which are not putting on a special firework dinner package

A Firework dinner at one of the less expensive beach restaurants.

Firework cruise with or without dinner

trans-cote-azur.com/cannes-feux-d-artifices-…

Hope this helps

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
507 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannes firework festival - suggestions

Ha ha Soooz I would need a bottle of their finest champagne and a private massage to make the 109 Euro's work for me. Thanks for letting me know about deckchair possibility or we can stand. I was picturing tons of people crowding around one spot and would prefer to plonk myself in a chair and just relax and take it in without breaking the bank.

It would be perfect if Marriott upgraded me to a room with balcony facing the ocean but not what I booked. LOL, a girl can dream :) Thanks again your reply helped a lot. LL

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cannes firework festival - suggestions

The Croisette is long and crowds are spread out- you can usually find standing room without being in someone else's armpit (or even one of the blue chairs to sit on if you get there early).

Some the rooms on the west side of the Marriott will have side sea views from their balconies .

Maybe take that champagne for the duty receptionist ;)

Enjoy !

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
507 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannes firework festival - suggestions

Soooz, you read my mind about not wanting to be in someone else's personal space while trying to enjoy the fireworks. Been there, done that - yuck.

I plan on having a BIG smile on my face at check in but I bet you are correct; champagne for the receptionist might get me further...otherwise to the Croisette we go! LL

5. Re: Cannes firework festival - suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16