We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

We're trying to go from Cannes to St. Tropez by boat, but we'd like to spend the day in Cannes before heading to St. Tropez that afternoon (we'll spend the night in St. Tropez) and from the website trans-cote-azur.co.uk/cannes-saint-tropez.php it looks like these are just round trip ferries that only leave in the AM from Cannes. Does anyone know about another way of going by boat? I'd prefer to avoid driving because I keep reading that traffic can be bad. We'll be traveling Mid September, trying to go on a Sunday.

This is my first post, so appreciate the help in advance!

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

I was looking for the same thing in the other direction earlier this week. I don't think there is one. Either that or you would have to contact the company when you got there. Irritating, I would be interested to know if anyone else has any suggestions.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

gobluewearmaize123

The ferry from Cannes is really a round trip day excursion that leaves around 10am and gets back around 5pm. You can book a one way ticket, contact them for info

If you prefer to leave a little later, consider using one of the regular local trains from Cannes to St Raphael, a very scenic ride, then a shuttle across the bay from St Raphael to St Tropez.

In mid September, the last ferry leaves St Raphael in the early afternoon

http://www.bateauxsaintraphael.com/

You would need to leave Cannes around 12.30 if you are travelling on Sunday.

The current rail schedule is here.

…ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH_03_Les_…

Chic Chantal

If you are planning to travel soon, there are more ferry shuttle and possibly rail options available depending on the day that you travel.

You may also be able to get a one way ticket with transcoteazur day excursion from St Tropez to Cannes if their return time works for you

Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

Travelling in September and only going one way, unfortunately. Another good idea bites the dust.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

ChicChantal,

If I understand correctly you want to go one way from St Tropez to Cannes in September, after spending the day in St Tropez ?

Then there are a couple of options:

You may be able to buy a one way fare for the return leg of the Cannes-St Tropez day excursion which runs on Tues Thursday Saturday and Sunday in Sept -it leaves St Tropez at 16.30, or alternatively take one of the ferry boats from St Tropez over to St Raphael (afternoon/evening departure at 17.15 daily in Sept) then the train from St Raphael to Cannes

Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

No, I'll be travelling from Hyeres to Nice, and the train connections are lousy even by French standards, so I thought of taking the bus from Hyeres to St Trop, then the boat or bus onwards. But that doesn't work trifficly well either!

6. Re: Ferry from Cannes to St Tropez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cannes