We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible internet scam?

Which Cannes hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Possible internet scam?

Hi - I am new to this forum. I have reserved a condo in Cannes. (over the internet) It sounds lovely but the lady is now asking me to wire a deposit into her bank account in London. The condo link is www.croisette-apartments.com

How could I find out if this is a scam?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible internet scam?

It looks like you take your chances, or ask her for some very good references. It���s a British company, not French, that���s why they are asking for the deposit to go to their London Bank, but still it's interesting that there is no contact information or list of references on the site. It may be legitimate, but one never knows. I'd want more information before sending them a deposit.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible internet scam?

You can go to

http://www.checkdomain.com/

to get more infos about this site. But I think you can't be 100 %sure, whether these infos are right or not.

California
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible internet scam?

Thank you. I appreciate your advise. I think she might just be one person who owns a couple condos there. When I asked her if she had another apartment for my sister-in-law she said she didn't, so I guess that is a good sign...