We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need a car in Cannes?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
81 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Do we need a car in Cannes?

Our family of 4 is thinking of renting a apartment in Cannes in the summer. The owner describes the location as:” across from the old port, by the Festival Palace...".

This is our time to Cannes, wonder if any of you know whether this is a good location. Can we walk to town or do we rent a car?

Thanks!

Christine

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,602 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do we need a car in Cannes?

Dear Soames

Nice to see you back on the forum. We need your Cannes input to balance the books. LOL

Judy

Bahamas
Level Contributor
935 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Do we need a car in Cannes?

Thank you Judy ~ I've been lurking a bit and we now that are in the new year, I'm taking that pleasure of planning (spending a few days in London and in Paris, which and when, before Cannes or after? Decisions decisions! It doesn't add much to the airfare. We do our "travel" in October, lest anyone think we're not adventurous LOL).

Christine/charkleroad, you'll hopefully find some of JBart's great suggestions and knowledgeable facts about the area. There is much to do!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do we need a car in Cannes?

I second all the advice about using public transport but you do need a car if you want to go very far inland. The Cote D'Esterel between Cannes and St Raphael is very beautiful with great walks and lovely coves for swimming. I stand to be corrected but I don't think this is easily accessible by bus? Mind you, parking can be impossible in August.

Trains are cheap but by no means wholly reliable. It is not unusual for them to be late or, occasionally, not turn up at all. This is not Switzerland!

14. Re: Do we need a car in Cannes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Cannes