We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eze hill

istanbul
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Eze hill

Hi,

im planning a trip to south france. i will visit Eze too. i hv seen a picture there is a hill and a great view of the sea. when i went to Eze if i ask to anyone about that hill they can tell me how to get there ? and may i walk up there?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eze hill

Do you mean the hill that Eze village is perched on top of?

If so yes, you can walk up or down via Nietzsche's Path but its quite strenuous route and longer than it looks. It will take about an hour and a half or longer if you aren't very steady on your feet [lots of loose stones] or if you take lots of photos

istanbul
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eze hill

yes there is. i may walk :)

thanks

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eze hill

There are two Eze on the French Riviera: Eze Village, which is an old medieval village perched up on a hill that commands stunning surround-views; and Eze Bord-de-Mer or Eze Plage just below by the sea.

You can indeed walk from Eze Plage up to the perched village. You'd be walking on the Sentier Nietzsche pathway, so called because the philosopher enjoyed hiking this way up to Eze.

Don't let Nietzsche scare you!

The pathway is steep and windy, but you can stop as you need to and you'll be thrilled to have reached the top at 350 meters. The path begins by the Gare or Train Station in Eze Bord-de-Mer and is well-marked from there with wooden panels and occasional yellow paint marks.

If you're concerned over the steepness of the Sentier Nietzsche, you can always trek it going down. Begin from Eze village and trot down to the beach. That direction will take you about 45 mins to 1 hour, while going up would take twice the time or more depending on stops.

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

istanbul
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eze hill

did i understand it?

i will arrive to Eze de Mer by train and start to walk to Eze village. when i climbed to Eze village i will see the sea from 350 m. high? and its almost 45 minutes by walking.

5. Re: Eze hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 14:17
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eze hill

The best view in this area is from the Grande Corniche, above Eze looking down on it and out as far as the Esterel, over Cap Ferrat and Villefranche.

If you are one of those rare adventurers, stay on the 82 bus from Nice (whilst mostly all others dismount at Eze Village)and ride it a futher kilometre uphill to Col d'Eze, the last but one stop (Plateau de la Justice)

From Col d'Eze its a short hike - a half hour or less - up to La Revere (waymarked trail) to the finest view of the Riviera bar none. From here you can walk the Sentier Botanique back down to Eze Village. The view is far more thrilling than the Neitzsche path, which I have found a fairly unpleasant loose stone path.

Whichever you do, wear good shoes!

UK
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eze hill

Oh NiceLife how could you? I loved the Nietzsche path, I got all philosophical!

METiryaki, if you want to find the path, you get out of the train station on to the main road outside and turn right along the road, the start of the path is a few metres away, near the bus stop as far as I remember. It took me (fat, unfit and middleaged) about 50 minutes to walk up, and it goes right through the garrigue, it's lovely. Also when you get to Eze village, go into the botanic garden there and climb right to the top, for great views of the sea.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eze hill

Chic I didn't mean it! The Neitschze path is fabulous! Honest!

Its just that when you go to a higher level, you see more of it all. Trust me - go to La Revere and tell me you are not inspired. It leaves me near speechless, which as you can guess doesnt happen often!

Cheers

Monkton, MD
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eze hill

I did not know about the Sentier Botanique. I've done the Sentier Nietzsche several times and agree that it is a messy walk. I've also walked from the Col d'Eze all the way over to La Turbie which is a beautiful walk.

London, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eze hill

Just to pick up on this - you can walk the main road between Eze and la Turbie, which is basically the bus route, but yes it has fantastic views but also traffic. However I recommend the randonee -waymarked with the yellow lozenge - a hike - which takes you up a level, along the old military strategic route via Revere, La Simboula and Cime La Forna and down to La Turbie. This latter walk gives you the joys of the view over the Riviera in virtual solitude. I don't think I have actually passed anyone on foot the four times I have done it - in high season!.

The Sentier Botanique is the scramble down from Revere to Col d'Eze - its a much more focussed route than the Neitsche path and the wild plants and butterflies are quite something in addition.

End of commercial.