We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Tour of Eze

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
60 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Tour of Eze

We'll be in Eze for 1/2 day in late September and desire to explore the city on foot. Do you recommend a guided tour or a self-guided tour? Thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Tour of Eze

Eze is two small villages. I could be wrong but I doubt if there is a tour. Eze by the sea is down the track from the railway station; you can walk up the Nietzche path (50 minutes, steep) to Eze Eze or take the bus from the station or get a bus from Nice that goes to the main village. Once there you can do a tour of one of the scent factories. I did Fragonard (tour: 15 minutes, then you get to the important bit, buying lots of smellies in the factory shop). After that you go up to the botanic garden to see the large cacti and the view. And after that you wander round the shops and find somewhere for lunch.

UK
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Tour of Eze

I was in Eze Village for a few hours last week and I would say do not do a tour. The village is very small and you can just wander all around. The little cobbled paths wind their way to the top where you can pay 5 euros to go into the exotic gardens and viewing platform - worth every penny! There were a few cruise groups going round with a guide but they were being hurried by the guide - I would just wander at your own pace and enjoy!!

It is a beautiful place.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,243 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Tour of Eze

Eze is small and compact. It's really for wandering around more than a tour. Have a good guidebook and you should be all set. Assuming you are using public transportation, be sure to note the bus schedule for leaving Eze as the buses don't always come frequently so you don't want to miss a bus and have to wait another 90 minutes.

4. Re: Walking Tour of Eze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 03:18