We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner/Lunch in Eze

chicago
Level Contributor
56 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner/Lunch in Eze

My wife and I will be in the Cote d' Azur for 5 nights, beginning in early September. Does anyone have recommendations as to dinner and/or lunch spots in Eze?

The restaurant can be either casual or more upscale/trendy. We enjoy all different kinds of food.

Thank you

chicago
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

Had lunch at Chateau Eza 2 years ago and are planning to again in August. Made reservations via e-mail just to make sure we had a nice table on the terrace. The food was wonderful, we ordered from a set menu (approx 45e each). We sipped champagne from beautiful crystal flutes as we took in the amazing view of the Mediterranean.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

you have a large choice on restaurant open in september

some suggestions

rates are for dinner ( a little bit cheaper for lunch)

with good view

gastronomic / gourmet restaurant

chevre d'or (2 stars michelin) = about 200 euros per person without wine

chateau eza (1 star michelin) = about 100 euros....

with no special view

troubadour = about 50 euros per person

colette cafe = 25 euros per person

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
206 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

We had lunch at Chateau Eze last year in mid September. Sat on the terrace had the fixed price menu. Fabulous. Stopped in at the little office at the foot of the village when we arrived that morning and made our reservations for lunch that day. I've also had dinner there several years ago. My husband tells me the meal was quite pricey, but I have to say the view was incredible and so was the food. Lunch is the better value. But you can't go wrong there. Enjoy!

Moscow, RU
Level Contributor
48 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

Is it (Chateau Eza) far from bus stop and main parking area?? Is it fare to climb?

thanks in advance for the info

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
206 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

Don't know about the bus stop, but there is parking at the bottom of the village. Chateau Eza has an office very close to the car park where you can stop and make lunch or dinner reservations. It is a long climb but there are many places to stop, rest, shop and look out at the sea. Just give yourself plenty of time to get there. The food and the view are excellent. Have fun and enjoy.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

The bus stop in Eze village is beside the car park -its a ramped road up to the village entrance or there are steep-ish stairs.

Moscow, RU
Level Contributor
48 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

thank you for tips..

actually I have been in Eze 6 years ago... We used parking for our car and went to the top of Exotic Garden...... but I can hardly remember how long it was...

Here you mention a long climb to Chateau Eza... "long" - what is it??? - 10 minutes or 30 minutes??

my husband has some health problems...so I want to be sure it will be not to hart for him....and as we are going to have lunch there next week...I expect it can be too hot... or???

reservation is not a problem - it can be made is lot od modes....that is the easiest thing

thank you

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

15 min by walk from the parking to chateau eza

Moscow, RU
Level Contributor
48 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

15 min sounds good!

thank you

10. Re: Dinner/Lunch in Eze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 06:37