We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

Which Eze hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
eas1982
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

Hi-

I'll be in Eze for 3 nights on my honeymoon. Seems like a great base to discover Monaco, Menton, etc. . . I can't decide if we're better off staying at Bastide de Camelias (in Lilas room); the hermitage Hotel; or ''La Vieille Bergerie''...help!! they all seem great. we do intend to take bus into monaco and hopefully to walk into eze---suggestions? we'll be there in july...

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

a B&B and a hotel are totally different

also, you chose 3 place outside the village on the top of the moutain (highest cornice) and I think you have no car ! may be not the best solution if you wish to travel everyday

bus are running from 8am to 7pm only in direction to eze village and Nice (N°82)

if you wish to go to monaco = bus 82 until eze village + bus 112 until monaco (except sunday)

from hermitage hotel, the bus stop is just in front of

bastide aux camelias, you will need to walk about 5 min

vielle bergerie, you need to walk about 15/20min from the bus stop

= may be cancel vieille bergerie if you do not have a car

when are you staying ? in summer ?

hermitage hotel = hotel and restaurant

it's a nice place but room are very small

bastide aux camelias & vieille bergerie = very nice room but you will stay in the owner house, it's another concept than a hotel, some people like, some do not

bastide aux camelias & hermitage have a pool

last thing if you do not have car, I will skip B&B because how will you do in evening to have dinner or if you wish to have to go out ?? no bus and taxi are very expensive

the nearest restaurant will be hermitage hotel at 10/20 min by walk

do not forget this place are in the mountain, not in the center

if you have a car, I will choose a B&B

you can check also for your honeymoon Chateau Eza or Chateau de la Chevre d'Or in the center of Eze village with all facilities but rates are more expensive

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
1,837 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

Consider nearby Villefranche as an alternative. It is also romantic with amazing views, but has a better choice of restaurants, a good public beach, and far superior transportation options. Our favorite is the Welcome Hotel (pictured above my name).

eas1982
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

Thanks. We will have a car and it will be mid July. We will only be there 3 nights. I think o prefer a b

and b for a more authentic experience. The woman at vieille was so nice--offered to drive us intotown for dinner! One day we will go to Monte Carlo and wr will take bus there in the morning but then taxi back (told it's 50euro). .... I think we will book vieille as it has 100% positive reviews

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

yes, the woman owner from vieille bergerie is very nice and I recommand you this place (but without car is impossible or walk 20min until the bus stop)

ok if you have car a minimum

for your monaco trip

ok you could walk 20min until the bus stop + bus 82 or 83 until eze village + bus 112 to monaco

and return by taxi (yes, around 50/60 euros maxi)

and also the difference, only the vieille bergerie do not have a pool, I don't know if it's important for you but it's very pleasant in summer at the end of the day

5. Re: Deciding between 3 hotels/B&B's--help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 07:16