We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pentecost - is everything closed?

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pentecost - is everything closed?

I understand that Sunday 12th June is Pentecost, and that Monday is a public holiday in France. Is this the case?

On the Monday we were planning on taking the bus to Eze (we are staying in Nice).

Will Pentecost affect our plans at all? Will public transport be running normally? Will anything be open?!

Many thanks for any information you have on this!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
1. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 June 2011, 07:35
Monaco
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

Buses will be running a reduced "Sunday" service. Some large shops will open on the Monday, most tourist attractions and restaurants will be open, unless their weekly day off is Monday.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

everybody will be open and fully booked ;-)

it's a very important week end with many tourists

about buses from eze to nice, check "sundays and holiday day sechdule" on N°82

about 10 buses during the day

but no bus to monaco from eze

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,372 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

My post about a duplicate post was for the benefit of the OP.

When there are duplicate posts running, it becomes easy for there to be a lot of information that gets missed in reading the two threads, as well as some that is duplicated and even contradictory because as others try to help they don't see or don't read the secondary post.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

Sunshine - I understood each word, individually, in your post, but when formed into sentences I am completely lost.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,372 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

duplicate posts result in duplicated, missing, and conflicting information.

My deleted post merely referred readers to the duplication of the post so the OP gets better and more easily-read information.

Clear?

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

Thanks for your help.

My post wasn't strictly speaking a duplicate - one was on the Nice forum regarding NIce, and one on the Eze forum regarding Eze.

As Nice is a lot larger than Eze, they could well handle the Public Holidays differently.

Mentioned in this post
Eze
Eze
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

Giraffe_in_jeans,

You are entitled to do this and obviously Trip Advisor agrees with you. There may be some people who only read the Eze forum and some who only read the Nice forum and both may have useful information for you. I'd just ignore these duplicate post comments. Enjoy your time in Nice and Eze.

Mentioned in this post
Eze
Eze
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
9. Re: Pentecost - is everything closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 16:18