We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

We are planning to go for dinner at Chateau Eza in mid July. We are staying in Nice. What's the latest afternoon time that the #82 bus leaves Nice for Eze le Village? Where do you pick up this bus in Nice? Assuming we were able to get the earliest dinner reservation which is 7:30, I'm thinking the only way out of Eze le Village would be by taxi. Roughly how much would a taxi cost to the Eze-sur-Mer train station? How much would this taxi cost if it took us all the way back to the NIce Garden Hotel on rue du Congress in downtown Nice? We are really looking forward to this wonderful if convoluted evening.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Last bus is 19.10 which will get to Eze around 19.30. It is not easy to get a taxi in Eze. I suspect that the only way will be to ask the hotel to call one, which may well involve a premium on the normal fare. I would guess the usual fare to Eze Sur Mer to be around 25 euro and to Nice perhaps 40/45 euro. You could, of course, walk down the footpath to the station but, dressed for a meal at the hotel, this might not be terribly appropriate. In your situation I would be inclined to get a taxi from Nice and ask the driver to come back for you.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

There are only two taxis in Eze - one in Eze village and one in Eze bord de mer = you would need to book them well in advance

Eze Village - Taxi Carlos : 33 (0) 6 09 84 17 84 - carlos.tome@orange.fr

Eze Bord de Mer - Taxi Lionel Vallée: 33 (0) 6 18 44 77 93 lionel.espagnol-miranda@orange.fr

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Thank you Bob! Is there a schedule on line that gives the bus times'? It would be very useful.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Thank you! We may take the bus to Eze but pre book Carlos to take us at least as far as Eze-sur-Mer. I actually would enjoy taking the footpath down to Eze if it were light out but I suspect it might be dangerous in the dark. Have you ever taken the footpath? Are there railings?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Eze taxi charge 30 euros from Eze sur mer to Eze Village (15min)

Eze Village to Nice center about 50/55 euros (day) 55/60 euros (night)

yes welcome in the French Riviera for the outrageous rates of taxi

bus = 1 euro

In July, for the path it's ok until 8pm may be (1h up and 45min down, 400m high) after that depend the sun

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Wow!!! Sounds like the bus is the best way to get there but we'll have to pay a king's ransom for our return to Eze-sur-Mer. I think that a sunset dinner overlooking the Riviera in a world class restaurant will be worth it.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

I walk up to Eze once or twice a month. Rarely go down as it much easier to fall going that way. This is a very rough track, consisting of something close to boulders with loose stones in many places. Not a place to walk after dark or in wet weather when it is very slippery. You can see timetables for all local buses at lignesdazur.com. I would recommend dinner at Chevre D'Or rather than Chateau Eza. We may have been unlucky but both when we stayed in the hotel or stopped for lunch service was laughably bad. The fast food shack in the car park is better but doesn't have the same view!

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

Thank you for the info re restaurants. Which of the two restaurants has the better view at night or are they both equally good? We were actually planning to go to Eze twice--once in the morning, staying for lunch and once in the evening for dinner. Maybe we can do Chevre d'or for dinner instead of for lunch as we planned. You've confirmed my opinion about walking down the trail--a definite no-no after dark. I think we'll settle for a taxi to the train station in Eze-sur-Mer. And thank you for the info on the bus schedules.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

View is very similar from both hotels. Make sure you fully appreciate the cost of eating at the Chevre D'Or, compared to which the taxi fare is irrelevant.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling to and from Eze Village for Dinner

it isn't the done thing to leave a big tip on top of the meal bill - so it offsets the taxi fare