We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

We are staying at Chateau Eza for 3 nights next weekend and then taking the TGV to Paris. We are renting a car in Eze (from the Nice airport) during our stay. Assuming we only need to spend one afternoon in Eze, what other day trips would you recommend using our rental car? We have prepaid the hotel so there is no changing that. We view Eze as our "home base" while on the coast. Is it safe to drive the roads at night if we have dinner in Monaco or Nice?

Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

Cap Ferrat and the Villa Ephrussi, have lunch by the harbour then go up to the villa.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

The roads are safe at night, but remember that France has very strict limits on consuming alcohol and then driving.

Modesto, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

How did this work out for you? We are considering doing the exact same thing. Home base in Eze, 3 nights. I was thinking from there we could easily do a day in Monte Carlo, day in Nice, possibly a day in Cannes. How was taking TGV to Paris? Worth it or should we fly from Nice?

Thanks

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

by car, you can drive to everywhere

one day = saint paul de vence, tourette sur loup, gourdon, antibes

one day = monaco, la turbie, saint jean cap ferrat, beaulieu sur mer, villefranche sur mer

one day = nice + ?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

The OP is old, but the topic keeps going...with a car, my favorite day trip would be St. Paul de Vence > Vence > Tourrettes sur Loup. The view from the back of Tourrettes rivals Eze (without the panorama) and the village is a charm. Done' miss the olive wood shop to the right as you face the village and Tom's Ice Cream.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187243-d315…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187243-d3…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

Nice_French_Rivier & troggs

Tourrettes sur Loup looks very cool and sounds nice. I love taking photos, so this town sounds like it will be a nice day trip for me and the family. My question is from Nice is it easy to get to by train or bus and how do you recommend getting there? I will be in Nice this July.

Thank you,

Jason

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

to be honnest, it's possible to go to saint paul de vence, vence, tourettes sur loup... by bus but I don't advise

that will be too long (more than 1hr and may be you need connection especially for tourettes)

except if you wish to visit one village in one day, ok, you can use bus

but if you wish to see several cities = too long

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

Its pretty easy to visit more than one place by bus if there are connecting routes , buses work well here

To Tourettes sur loup you need bus 510 from vence, or yoiu could take a taxi from vence.and return to vence by bus.

cg06.fr/cms/…510.pdf

To get to vence you take either bus 400 which goes via st paul de vence and la colle sur loup

cg06.fr/cms/…400.pdf

, or bus 94

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/Ligne%2094%20ITL%20(au%2005%2011%2012).pdf

Edited: 10 March 2013, 18:35
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

if they have time, yes everything is possible by bus and cheap (4 euros per day)

but taxi will be so expensive (minimum 30-40 euros each time)

if they are ok to drive, just rent a car for one day (may be 50-80 euros a small car), visit all this area and you will save a lot of time

after other destinations, antibes, cannes, monaco, eze.... ok by bus and sometimes train

so I always advise in a one week stay to book a car only for 1 or 2 days (another day for Gorges du Verdon 2h30-3h to go there by car)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in Eze next weekend for 3 night. Day trip ideas?

Thank you all for your input. I'll break down my time in Nice. I am traveling with my wife and 2 kids ages 8yr old and at this time in July 33 months. The big guy is no problem. The little guy for the most part should be fine. He did great last year in Italy & Paris. He loves to be strolled around so thats helpfully. Hes still young so keeping him pined down for a long bus or train ride might get hard at some point. In long im thinking anything more the 30-45 min. I am there for 6 days. I loved France so much I had to come back this year to spend two weeks. I love taking photos as well as exploring the amazing city streets. I am not renting a car was thinking of useing more the trains and buses.. Eze village & Monaco are on my list. Like to relax on the beach for part of a day or two . And explore from there. Any advice is greatly appreciated..

Thank you all.