We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

Denver, Colorado
13 posts
Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

How much would it cost and how long would it take?

Thanks in advance.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

Taxi would be approx 40-50 euros - about 15- 20 mins

exact fare depend on route, amount of traffic, number of passengers, amount of luggage , whether you phoned or got taxi from rank etc

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

About forty euros. You should consider taking the train, I believe it is 6 euros per person and has great views of the coastline. Happy travels!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

The train does not go to Eze village, it goes to Eze sur mer station [aka Eze bord de mer]

Villefranche station to Eze bord de mer station costs 1,60€ single

To get to Eze village you need bus 83 from Eze bord de mer station [or get the bus 83 from Beaulieu at the start of its route]

or walk from Eze bord de mer for about an hour uphill via Nietzsche's path [rough path , very steep, loose stones - decent shoes and water recommended]

bus 83 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2083%20(au%2006%2007%2012).pdf

There is very little view on the train line between Villefranche and Eze bord de mer because of tunnels, buildings and very short journey time - 6 minutes. The main view is from the platform of Villefranche station, over the bay =though it would be most appreciated on the return journey when you come out of the tunnel and also since you get off the train at that side on your return to Villefranche

Edited: 14 July 2012, 00:39
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
4. Re: Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

As selkie mentioned the Nietzche path which connects Eze sur Mer with the Eze Village several hundred metres above I thought I would share with all the Tourist Office website on same path. The English can be enjoyed for its quaintness particularly 'the mental of Nietzche' which was very bad when he was there. This may be because he attempted to walk uphill and is not recommended in 35 deg sun.

webstore.fr/eze/…path_nietzsche.htm

Ed

Edited: 14 July 2012, 11:31
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,381 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

I know I have asked this question before but why don't they get one of the local native speakers, of which there is no shortage, to check the English?

6. Re: Taxi from cruise ship port Villefranche to Eze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 21:15