We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frejus ship tender docking?

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Frejus ship tender docking?

We're visiting Frejus this fall on a cruise. We will be tendering and I'm trying to figure out where in Frejus the tenders drop you off. I notice other cruises seem to tender to Saint-Raphael; maybe we do as well?

We're visiting on a Sunday and apparently Saint-Raphael has a street market which we would like to visit for a while.

My walking ability is not great, so knowing ahead just what I'm in for is very helpful.

George

6 replies to this topic
Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,035 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frejus ship tender docking?

Actually I don't know, but the only suitable port is the one in Saint-Raphael. Frejus and Saint-Raphael are more or less merged together.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frejus ship tender docking?

After posting the question, I kept browsing and found a reference on the Frejus Harbormaster site. It describes the availability of a tender dock, space for two tenders (150 passenger) and says it's located on the Quai Escale, but I can't find that quay on any Frejus maps. Maybe that name will help someone else pin it down.

George

Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,035 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frejus ship tender docking?

I think its a slipway. Who cares? It'll be in St. Raphael. The only "port" to speak of in Frejus (pleasure boats only) is in walking distance.

Edited: 07 April 2017, 21:29
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,840 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frejus ship tender docking?

Escale means "port of call" or "stopover", so the Quai Escale means the quay where visiting boats can briefly tie up rather than necessarily being the formal name of the quay concerned.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frejus ship tender docking?

I have seen cruise ship tenders dropping passengers in the Port Santa Maria (a yacht marina) in St Raphael. If you look on Google maps this is by the Palais de Congres de Saint Raphael (the conference centre) and the Best Western Hotel la Marina. It's some way from where the market starts which is along the sea front on the Promenande René Coty. The stalls then extend all the way to Port Fréjus (another yacht marina) at the end of the Boulevard d'Alger. I suggest you ask the cruise line exactly where the tenders will dock. You'll be much closer to the market if it's in Port Fréjus. While I have to say I've never seen the Port Fréjus marina used by cruise ship tenders, I imagine it could be. If, on the other hand, you find yourself at Port Santa Lucia, there is a bus, though it isn't very frequent, and it only runs 3 times a day on Sundays and public holidays - timetable here:

https:/…57c43561403f6.pdf

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frejus ship tender docking?

papluviose: Many thanks for the detailed reply. I have a much better idea now of the market location. It's much more extensive than I had pictured. I've taken your suggestion and fired off a question to the cruise company to get a definitive answer on where the tenders dock. If I get an answer, I'll post it here.

George

Reply to: Frejus ship tender docking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frejus
Recent Conversations