We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping at Le Dattier

Which Frejus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk
2 posts
Save Topic
camping at Le Dattier

We are going to Le Dattier caravan park next month. Has anyone else been there? What can we expect?

ireland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: camping at Le Dattier

did you go to la dattier - thinking of going next week or so- what did you think- is it family orientated what should we expect when comparing to sites used by main rental groups like keycamp etc

England
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping at Le Dattier

We went with 2 x 13 year old girls first two weeks of July 2008. Stayed in a friend's mobile home which was not ideal as no air-conditioning and lots of their stuff in wardrobes!

I have never been to a camp site before and I found it very basic. The restaurant was ok but a bit overpriced, the pools were great for the girls but there was little else for them to do during the day and I found it very difficult to sleep. We were quite close to the main Reception and the Disco went on till 1.15am - and was Euro-Techno-Beat or something that event he girls didn't like! We had road noise too.

Having said that we had a great holiday outside of the camp. The weather was hot and sunny and we went out every night ( to get away from Disco and entertainment!) and several days. Especially loved Grasse which was nothing like I expected. St Tropez also fun.

Ecosse
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping at Le Dattier

I was at Le Dattier for the first 3 weeks in July. This is the second year we have stayed in the campsite and have enjoyed ourselves each time. The site is very laid back compared to some bigger sites e.g. Le Columbier next door. The restaurant is vastly improved from last year and there was entertainment a couple of times each week when we were there. The disco did go on until 1.15am however this was only one night out of the twenty when we stayed. Le Dattier is a good base for exploring the area however a hire car is recommended to get the best from your stay. I would recommend visits to the Verdon Gorges, St Tropez, Port Grimaud / Grimaud village. Overall, I would definately recommend the site as a good place to stay.

norfolk
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: camping at Le Dattier

the norfolk Huggies have just returnd from Le Dattier. Thanks to all who replied. We did find it a bit noisy at night but the discos weren't every night and generally finished about midnight. The pools were great for our children aged 4-9. Car hire would have been good but the bus outside the camp goes right into Frejus and onto the seafront. All in all we had a lovely, relaxing holiday.

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: camping at Le Dattier

We went to Le Dattier caravan park last September/October and had a fabulous time, the weather was very sunny, needed shorts, much to our surprize. The campsite is a small to medium family run site on a slight hill. There is a large supermarket across the road and another shop behind which sold everyting we needed at a low price.

We enjoyed the donkeys with thier new baby.

The old town of Frejus (which has a great market)is about 10 mins away by car or the bus stops just outside the site. It's a privileged protected area and you are surrounded in natual preserved vegetation, which is great for relaxing under the big trees, after an enjoyable day on the beech.

Laniscat
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: camping at Le Dattier

Just returned from 2 wks at Camping Le Dattier. Really enjoyed the holiday, we went with our two children (11 yrs old and 17). Hired a mobile home via website, lovely, air conditioned which was really necessary as the weather was extremely hot. Will be going again next year, but in July next time, as found the area itself and trying to visit other places extremely busy. Visited Monaco, Cannes, Ventimiglia, St Raphael, amongst others, lovely time had by all!

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: camping at Le Dattier

I recommend going to the South of France in June. The weather is gorgeously hot and sunny without burning hot. In ten years of visiting around this time of year I have had two raindrops land on my spectacles!

Le Dattier is a lovely site, again in June no disco and noty crowded but peaceful and active with visitors. the pools are warm and the food fine.

We tend to buy a bowl of chips to go with whatever we have for dinner.

I will go again I hope soon

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: camping at Le Dattier

I have stayed on a variety of sites in the south of France over about 25 years. I like Le Dattier the best but then I tend to visit June/early July and the site whilst busy is peaceful and no discos etc. The food seems fine The pools are warm.

The weather then is hot but no searlingly so and it is easy to get around to visit or stay on a beach or poolside. I understand school holiday limitations and you have my sympathy.

This site is better than most and gives a community feel yet you still have privacy.

I recommend it regularly and no-one has moaned at me for doing so!

stockport
Level Contributor
309 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: camping at Le Dattier

This campsite sounds good. Can you get the bus to lots of places, ie Beach, etc? We will have a car, but sometimes it's nice to use public transport so you can sample wine with lunch!

Would this location be a good base. We are planning two weeks in Provence and Cote D'Azur and I'm not even sure where to start on wether it would be best to stay in two or three places, or if most places are fine to reach in a day trip.

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: camping at Le Dattier

Hi, yes you can get to almost any where by bus or train.

The bus stops right out side this enjoyable campsite, which gets you into Frejus. From the center, you can get a bus, boat or train. The train travels along the coast to Italy which is an amazing sight, cost of train travel is very low. Get on and off when you wish, on the same ticket. Fab day out with wine if you wish, no driving, perfect holiday relaxation under the azur blue skies. Marty