We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Calais to Frejus

Essex
Level Contributor
14 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Calais to Frejus

We have booked to stay at Holiday Green in June, we are taking the Eurotunnel and intend drving about three quarters of the way both journeys and stopping overnight. Can anyone suggest suitable places we can stay overnight which are as close to the motorway junctions as possible. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Holiday Green Resort & Spa
Holiday Green Resort...
821 Reviews
Frejus, France
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

Never done it myself - but my first port of call when trying to make these decisions is Google maps (www.maps.google.com). I use that to plot the trip and pick potential stop over points. Then I Google to look for information on what they're like and the available accommodation.

God luck....

Essex
Level Contributor
14 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

thanks that's helpful

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,226 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/ is better than Google maps for European journeys. For example, it gives you the precise cost of tolls, estimated journey times and cost of petrol (gas), and a choice of routes.

And on the same site (under 'maps' rather than 'driving directions') if you enter a place then click 'reserve a hotel, you will get a map showing the location of hotels (clickable for information) and of motorway junctions.

Essex
Level Contributor
14 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

thanks I will try that.

5. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 14:13
Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

Perzilla - I have to disagree. You DO have to use Google Maps properly though, which it appears that not many people can do.

I used to use michelin Maps, now I don't bother (amnd they don't keep the tolls up to date, which is even worse than not "knowing" what the toll is)

Essex
Level Contributor
14 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

thanks for your help

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,226 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

Hi WizardofAuz

One man's meat is another man's poison etc.

But I'm intrigued to know why you think that having no indication of tolls is better than having none at all, particularly for someone planning a long journey that they've never done before like the OP.

Not that I've ever found Michelin's tolls to be inaccurate myself - but I imagine you're right that updating does not always occur promptly.

9. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 14:13
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus

Can't speak for the northern journey but going south we stayed in Montelimar before the last leg of our journey to Frejus (Cavaliere).I agree Accor,Campanile are simple cheap clean hotels.Avoid Formule 1. These days who wants communal bathrooms/toilets?

Mentioned in this post
Montelimar
Montelimar
Drome, France
Frejus
Frejus
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Get answers to your questions about Frejus