We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

Calgary
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

Hi, I am spending a few days in Frejus. I have reserved a B & B, but I would like to know how much money do I need for lunches and dinners. Thank you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

Gosh, how long is a piece of string?

I once watched a young lad with his parents tuck into a restaurant big main course. When that was done, his parents ordered him a second one. Needless to say he was a very big boy.

A two course light lunch plat de jour is going to set you back probably around 12 - 15 euros. Evening meal two courses 15-20 euro plus your taste in drinks - a 50cl pichet of house wine around eight euros.

All assuming a normal appetite and a tight budget. You could save a lot more simply by improvising lunch - a baguette (80 cents) and some ham and cheese, to take to the beach.

You could spend coming up for double if you go with a "proper" bottle of wine, desert and and coffee. Its the little things here that push the envelope.

And don't forget its "servis compris" here - already included in the bill. No need to tip, though its customary to round the bill so there's no silly change going backwards and forwards. That's "round up", ofcourse, not round down.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

Generally on the Cote d'Azur 15 euros for lunch and 30-40 euros for a very good dinner might be considered a reasonable budget. This would include a glass or two of house wine. You can economise by choosing pizza or pasta places or the Tourist Menu in a lot of cases.

On the question of travel budgeting generally I have found the old advice of ' bring half the clothes and twice the money you think you will need' to be extremely useful.

Ed

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

(Ed, I've told you before, stop reading over my shoulder)

So there you have it. Two great minds for the price of none.

Calgary
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

Thank you very much.

Guichelle

5. Re: How much money per day do I need in Frejus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Frejus