We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Belfast, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hi - I am going to La Buame (Nice -Key Camp) this June and I am on a budget. I am flying into Nice airport and have priced hiring a car... Very expensive! Has anyone any advise on alternative transfers??

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

how many people traveling? ages?

Belfast, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hi - It will be 2 adults and a 6 year old and 2 year old.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Was there a response to this thread as I am also after the same information

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hi, Have been holidaying in La Baume for 10 years and it is difficult to get around without a hire car. You can get a bus from Nice Airport to Frejus; this goes about four times a day but you are still left with the problem of getting to the campsite which is about 4 miles from Frejus town. Taxis in this area are expensive so you are looking at at least 20-25 euros. The campsite is in the middle of the country so getting out and about could be a problem. Shopping, unless you want to restrict yourself to the campsite shop is also difficult.

It is a brilliant campsite and the places to visit are great eg St. Tropez, Monaco etc. but you do need your own transport, worth considering if you want to get the best out of your holiday.

I would advise checking out car hire brokers rather than the main car hire companies are there are deals there. Email me if you need any further info, as I say been going for 10 years!

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

I agree with Fossy. You're going to have a difficult time without a car. La Baume is in the same area as the campsite referenced in this post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187225-i4951-k607…

This is the June bus timetable

agglo-var-esterel-mediterranee.fr/images/bus…

As you'll see, there are 5 buses a day into town and 6 back out (no Sunday service).

From Nice Airport to Frejus, the express bus is the best public transport option - provided the timings work. They're here

varlib.fr/ftp/…20FAYENCE-sept2012.pdf

The fare is €15 one way (under 3 is free). The train is cheaper but more awkward; use the search on this forum if you're interested but I'd really encourage you to get the best deal you can on a hire car.

Edited: 06 February 2013, 21:46
Belfast, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hi thanks for all the information! Have you any car companies that you would use?

Do you know if there is even a bus stop near by?

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

If you look at the bus timetable, you'll see that there is a stop called La Baume. This is near the entrance to the campsite. But getting from the campsite to the pitch or mobile home that you're allocated could be quite a hike. You would need to ask Keycamp or (perhaps better) the campsite management. The TA reviews of La Baume have some info on ease (or otherwise) of getting around the site. For car hire, you might try using a broker like Holiday Autos but it's always worth checking with the car hire companies direct to see if their prices are any different. They can on occasions be lower and/or offer better insurance cover.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hiya, thank you papluvoise, I really appreciate your advice. Sorry to be a pain, but can you advise

me of the number that you use for a car broker. I would prefer to use a company based on recommendation.

Many thanks

Claire

Belfast, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hi another question! Is there a supermarket nearby (outside the complex)? If so is there a bus to it or would a taxi cost much?

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling from Nice Airport to KeyCamp La Buame.

Hi, nearest supermarket is a 20 minute walk (in the Sun!) it is called Leaderprice.

Get answers to your questions about Frejus