We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

After travelling to Dover and crossing on the Friday and staying overnight in Calais, we are planning on doing the long drive south to Frejus the following day. Are we right to avoid Paris and go Reims, Dijon and down that way? Especially as it will be a Saturday.

If we start out after breakfast at about 8.30am, is it realistic to hope to arrive in Frejus around 9 - 10pm, including a couple of stops for a good half hour or so?

Google tells me the distance is 724 miles, and says 10hrs 2 mins which I reckon would be pretty good going!! Has anyone done it and can advise?

Thanks

21. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 January 2016, 11:42
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

Bit late maybe esp for the poster going late May bank holiday, but if it helps anyone, I can recommend the Holiday Inn at Dijon (yes 5 hrs from Calais for sure) and we also can recommend the Novotel in Reims Tinqueux.

Both were the usual expected standards and clean rooms etc, nice breakfasts, and importantly, were only just minutes off the motorway so easy to get back on your journey next day.

London, England
Level Contributor
58 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

Thanks Diz, I did check out your link and it looks ideal but as chillseeker pointed out I've left it too late for a lot of options. The Holiday Inn is still being offered at Dijon so maybe we could do that. I liked the village you suggested Diz, caves etc sound great but the only hotel still available had mixed reviews... We'll the afternoon and morning free if we stayed at the Holiday Inn, is Dijon worth a visit??

Thanks

Mark

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

Theres a tram literally feet away from the Holiday Inn which takes you direct to Dijon - we didn't have time to take a trip in but really would have liked to, have seen friends photos and heard its lovely

25. Re: Driving from Calais to Frejus - route plus timings please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Frejus