We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

We are 3 families travelling to Le Baume campsite June 2014 for 2 weeks. We have booked 3 bed vistas with keycamp and we would like to specify a street or plot numbers to try ensuring we will be beside each other. If anyone has been and would be kind enough to recommend a specific location we would be very grateful.

Susan

Yatton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

hello when you go please let me know what you thought of it and location as considering going with my family. planning to travel by ferry or train there. not sure yet as got work out most cost effective way. so your input would be gratefully recieved. thank you sue

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,024 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

The campsite is very big, we were there at the end of June this year. We stayed in the middle of the site - if you look at the interactive map here labaume-lapalmeraie.com/content/… we were at the pink roundabout.

Mid way is ideal because you can easily walk between La Baume and La Palmerie.

We drove from Ireland, taking a ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg, and driving from Cherbourg to Frejus over a couple of days.

The campsite is very pleasant, the restaurant is nice but pricier than a lot of campsite restaurants we've been to and the food is nice - just nice. Not spectacular. There is a little shop on-site but we drove to nearby supermarkets. Lots to do in the area and I would recommend getting out to see such things as the Roman Ruins in Frejus and the perfumeries in Grasse. Also consider taking a train to Ventimiglia just over the border in Italy. The train goes along the coast (we drove but wished we'd taken the train). Ventimiglia is a lovely town and if you're a smoker or a drinker, cigarettes and alcohol are much cheaper there than in France or the UK (or Ireland!!).

Dublin
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

Hi, we are thinking of going to La Baume this year and I was wondering if the pools have lifeguards? Thanks, Jenny.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,024 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

Yes, the pools have life guards. Any public pool will have to have life guards by law as far as I am aware. Certainly any campsite we've been to in France has had very stringent monitoring of the pool. There were always several lifeguards on duty.

The pools are very well monitored in La Baume. There are two, one at either end of the site. And its a very nice complex.

5. Re: Anyone recommend plot numbers with keycamp at Le Baume?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Frejus