We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Nights in Frejus!

Which Frejus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
4 Nights in Frejus!

Hello,

I'll be staying in Frejus at the end of May for four nights. The flights are great meaning we almost have 5 full days. We fly to/from Nice airport.

We are very keen to visit Cannes, Nice, St Tropez (possibly?) and Frejus itself. Would people recommend certain places over others? Am I possibly missing a secret gem? Am I going to obvious with the choices? I have looked these out on a map and it all seems pretty accessible. I am not a lazy holidayer, I love to see it all and take lots of photos. Particular interests are architecture, beaches, markets, cafe culture etc.

Any recommendations greatly received.

Thanks,

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Nights in Frejus!

Hello

If you enjoy architecture, you'll like the old town of Fréjus, its cathedral and cloister and its relatively small archeological museum next to the cathedral. The cathedral plaza is pleasant in the evening too, when you can enjoy a meal with lights shining around the monuments in front of you.

The town's Roman Amphitheatre and remains of the aqueduc are currently less impressive due to their ruin-like state, but the history certainly is there.

I personally love the little Cocteau Chapel at the outskirts of Fréjus: azuralive.com/2012/…A9jus-france.html It isn't obvious to find it, so check that your GPS can spot it before heading out.

Beach-wise, you can enjoy nearby Frejus/Saint-Aygulf, but don't hesitate to drive further west toward Ste Maxime where you'll spot a number of smaller sandy coves. The long sandy Pampelonne beach of St Tropez is fantastic off-season.

You can venture out inside the Maures Mountains behind Ste Maxime, to see Grimaud with its pleasant cobbled streets dotted with art galleries, and explore the open market of La Garde Freinet (Wed & Sun AM).

Plenty to do heading east toward Nice too, but that area gets a lot more ink/ than the Var so I trust you will get lots of ideas and feedback for that area.

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Nights in Frejus!

Thank you so much for that information Asurealive. Those are some useful suggestions and will be checking those out.

3. Re: 4 Nights in Frejus!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27