We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swim wear in la baum

Which Frejus hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
swim wear in la baum

I am staying in la baumthis summer and have been getting conflicted info about swimwear. I am going with boys of various ages and just trying to prepare. How short and tight does the swimwaer need to be? I am hoping it is not speedoes only, will slightly looser trunks do or do they have to be tight lycra.

From a womans point of view my mother is also coming, she tends to wear a ruffled skirt \bikini bottom, she will not be going near a water slide and is likely to just sit on the edge of the pool, will this be ok?

any help is appreciated thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,349 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swim wear in la baum

No problems with your Mum's outfit.

With regard to the men, our son wore looseish lycra type shorts there last year and there was no problem. Hubby generally wears short shorts rather than speedos and didn't have a problem either. I would suggest you bring what you are comfortable with but be prepared to go tighter if necessary.

In effect what they are trying to do is prevent you wearing boxers or conventional shorts in the pools.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swim wear in la baum

In public pools in france and some private pools, ruffled skirts on swimwear are completely banned.

i don't know how they apply the rules in la baume

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,349 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swim wear in la baum

I can only speak from experience last year. But I certainly saw at least one ruffled type outfit around the pool.

But Selkie is the local expert and will have far more knowledge of the area than I do. So perhaps if your Mum brings a backup swimming costume all bases will be covered.

I had a look at the website and there are images of people wearing loose shorts in the pools labaume-lapalmeraie.com/content/…

Edited: 06 June 2014, 22:48
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swim wear in la baum

Thanks, on the eurocamp website there are also pictures of people with long shorts on which is why im confused!

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swim wear in la baum

Your mum's outfit shouldn't be an issue.

For men, most pools (and all public pools) frown upon baggy long board shorts. The issue is that some folks will wear these to the beach & bring them straight back to the pool full of salt and sand. But shorter shorts, long tighter shorts and of course dreaded lycra speedos are all fine.

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: swim wear in la baum

When my daughter was 4 ., we had to leave a public pool in antibe because her swimsuit had the tiniest ruffle round the legs . It was in no way even like a skirt. I have heard many a tale since then about frills ,Ruffles and wrap over bits having the same effect.

Its a safety issue as well as not bringing in dirt issue.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swim wear in la baum

We stayed there last month and no-one seemed to give a damn what anyone was wearing. Some people were hardly covered up at all!

Tavistock, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: swim wear in la baum

Spoke direct with the campsite last year on the same subject and they confirmed that you are allowed to wear shorts. Hope this helps

9. Re: swim wear in la baum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:15