We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

There's mention of the 200 bus to JLP from Nice Airport, but what about the slightly more expensive 250 Express which doesn't stop as often? It drops us off at La Eucalyptus. Are taxis easy to find to take us on to Avenue Guy de Maupassant off Boulevard C Guillamont or should we stick to the 200? Travelling early June.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Since February this year the 200 has been rerouted and no longer calls at the airport, effectively putting an end to the cheap 1 euro airport connection to JLP and Cannes. The new 250 service is more expensive but gives you a more rapid journey time, so thats your only practical option unless you start juggling walking and other buses on the main Nice - St Laurent road.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,496 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Hi GulliverM

if you're going to Ave Guy de Maupassant, which is just off the sea front in Juan les Pins, don't even think about getting off any bus at Les Eucalyptus which is far beyond your destination.

You get off the Express 250 at La Regence ( name of an building) which is on Boulevatrd Raymond Poincare - the 'Main Street', of JLP- and take a left under the railway line - it is only a short walk to where you want to go.

Frankly, for convenience I would stick with the Express 250 at 8 euros each. It goes direct from Terminal 1 every 35 mins and then calls at Terminal 2. It is fast and is luggage friendly.

The 200 costs also stops at La Regence and costs only 1 euro but is not luggage friendly - OK if you've just got hand baggage -and will take ages to get to JLP. Also you have to leave the airport perimeter and cross the Promenade des Anglais by an underpass to the 'Promenade' stop to pick it up.

Ed

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

...and unless you are travelling with only hand luggage they will charge you 5 euros to take a large suitcase on the 200 bus ( ie 6 Euros total fare)

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Very many thanks! No one has mentioned the 200 no longer goes from Nice Airport, and great to hear we can drop off close to our destination.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Many thanks for all the info! I am now armed with a print-out of the 250 Express timetable and will get off at the right stop!

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Do I have a possibility to buy a ticket for 250 Bus Express direct by bus driver or should I to buy a ticket at terminal 1 Nice airport ?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

If you have time, buy at the terminal, as they are more tolerant of larger denomination bills than the driver. However paying the driver is fine if you have thoughtfully armed yourself with a smattering of sensible euro notes ( fives and tens) Don't even think about offering the driver a credit card or travellers cheque...

Worcester
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Hi

The 250 is a great service, we used it from Nice to Antibes. the problem I have though is that my folks are going out in a week or so and I have lost their timetable for the 250. Now I know you can just turn up and wait but they really want a timetable before they leave the UK. Where can I download 1 from please?

I noticed someone had posted that they had a timetable??

Any help m uch appreciated.

Georgie

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,496 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Georgie - latest timetable for the 250...

cg06.fr/cms/…250.pdf

Ed

Worcester
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No 250 Express from Nice Airport to JLP

Awesome.

Many thanks

Georgie