We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

Does anyone know of any bright blue swimming coves near Menton (the kind you see in pics of Southern France), or any secluded beaches one can relax and swim?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

I'm thinking something we can maybe hike to during one of our 4 days in Menton, we will be there in May 2011.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

Plage Mala at Cap d'Ail.

Accessible only on foot, so no cars, means no crowds. its a small sheltered sandy bay, which is something unusual for this stretch of the Riviera. There are a couple of rather pricey beach restaurants, but aside from that its a little gem, just the other side of Monaco (short distance by bus or train from Menton)

members.virtualtourist.com/m/6cdeb/2036a/4/

I have a picture on my rather sparsely populated Cap d'Ail page over on VirtualTourist. Its sparse because there is not much else to write about there!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

Thank you for the great info NiceLife : )

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

I know it's quite a way from Menton but if you can get yourself to Antibes - easy by train - and then a bit of a walk (or the No.2 bus) you can find said coves all around the Cap d'Antibes.. some still as painted by Monet on those pictures of Antibes. But don't tell everybody - I'm trying to keep them for myself.

Ed.

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

yes, wander along the west side of Cap Ferrat. E.g., beach just west of Pointe de Saint-Hospice.

6. Re: Swimming coves? Secluded beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Menton