We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

The Menton municipal camp site will remain closed this summer for assessment of scope of work and then restoration and renovation work to the site.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

thank you for this information. is there a 2nd camp site in menton, when i do a search i csn see one called st michel but can find no details. would love to include menton in our itinerary this summer . thanks,Ger

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Camping Municipal aka Camping St Michel is the one that has closed for renovation work . It is the only campsite around Menton.

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

thanks a mil. can you recommend any others on the rail network! our intention is to park up(2 families in motorhomes) and travel by train to monacco, nice and all the beautiful places!!!! without the hassel of driving! a lot of the sites aroud ie Biot don't take reservations and seem to be very busy in july. We don't necessarily need pools and entertainment ! we want to see and experience all the cote d'azur has to offer.

thanks again,

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Tnx for info I was about to go there also with da same idea as Geraldine but alas da other sites are söoo expensive.

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Tnx for info I was about to go there also with da same idea as Geraldine but alas da other sites are söoo expensive.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

try the villeneuve loubet sites, several of them take campervans and appear to take pre-bookings

Sligo, Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Hi Fred, i managed to get a booking at this site -for July - it used to be part of the Castels group - looks good - but they only take booking for 7 days - Sat to Sat . we'll only stay for 5 - but they'll only charge us the basis pitch price for the nights we're not there - -with children in tow we didn't want to spend hours searching for a place to stay so this was the best option for us.. I believe they have a holding area so maybe if you don't want to book they will be able to accomodate you there.. G

SARL LES GROULES

296 Boulevard des Groules

06270 Villeneuve Loubet Plage

TEL: 0033 4 93 33 41 44

FAX: 0033 4 93 33 37 28

WEB: www.vieilleferme.com

E-MAIL: info@vieilleferme.com

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Thanks Geraldine I will give them a go as late july we hope to be there.

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

Just checked and the pitches are quite expensive for us as a couple e.g.€37 a night but maybe okay for families so we will keep with the aires for the moment. Thanks

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Menton Municipal camp site staying closed in summer 2013

The municipal campsite in Menton is very much open, me and my partner stayed there last week! It is at the top of a very large hill and the toilets are very basic. Beautiful views if you get the pitches with them! Menton is a great little town and base to explore the surrounding area!

Get answers to your questions about Menton