We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My recommendation for going to Menton to Nice Airport

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
My recommendation for going to Menton to Nice Airport

I know a few people have asked about best way to get to Menton to Nice Airport. I did it recently, and so thought I would post it here.

Train: Trains from Menton and Menton Garavan station every 30 minutes. You have to get down at Nice St Augustin station (around 45 minutes train journey), then walk for around 500 metres (this is clearly signposted on the footpath), and then take a Bus (Number 23 I think) to the Airport (another 15 minutes or so). The Bus only goes to Terminal 1, so if your flight is from Terminal 2, you need to take a free shuttle from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. All in all, it took us around 90 minutes once we reached the station. Cost is 8 Euros (6.50 Euros for the train and 1.50 for the bus)

Bus: We didn't take the bus but apparently there is a direct bus from Menton Bus Station to Nice Airport (Bus Number 110) which takes at least 1 hour (or more depending on the traffic). This bus goes to both Terminals 1 and 2. Cost is 20 Euros. Just search for Nice Airport Express for details.

I would recommend taking the train in most cases, but if you have someone very old, or kids or people with special needs, the bus might be a better option as it needs no change.

Hope this helps

Tintin

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My recommendation for going to Menton to Nice Airport

Thanks for the feedback.

If you are headed for Terminal 2 from Nice St Augustin station, an alternative to bus #23 to Terminal 1 ,or walking to T1, is to pick up the free inter terminal shuttle at the Arenas stop which is between the rail station and terminal 1, around 7 to 10 minutes' walk from the rail station

Glasgow
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My recommendation for going to Menton to Nice Airport

One thing to watch out for - the shuttle bus can be very full at certain times. We did this recently and couldn't get on to the the first bus that arrived at Arenas, it was jam packed. The driver wouldn't even open the front doors. We were considering walking to T1 to get a better chance of getting on. When the next shuttle arrived, it was completely full as well but we were cutting it fine for time so we forced our way on, but some people at the stop didn't make that one either. If travelling at peak times worth factoring in to your planning that you may not get on the first shuttle bus which arrives

3. Re: My recommendation for going to Menton to Nice Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Menton
Recent Conversations