We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Hi, could someone please tell me if there is a fridge in the room at this hotel? We've booked for early October but can't seem to find anything on the website. Thanks

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

I would contact the hotel by email or telephone them.

I haven't been there, but am just perusing the website now. In my experience a fridge in a French hotel room isn't the norm though.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Thanks, I will contact them, but I've had conversations direct with them and thought someone here might be able to tell me and save time. The last hotel I stayed at in Menton had a fridge and mini bar.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Ah right. A fridge is very useful, I agree.

Have a good trip :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

There are no refrigerators in the rooms.

It's a very nice hotel and wonderful owners. I've stayed twice.

Very new and clean and family run. If you have something small maybe they can store it in their refrigerator for you.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 11:54
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Thanks a lot for your help :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

If you want to go to the beach, the beaches from the hotel and east to Napolean hotel are less rocky. These are pay beaches. (Pay for chairs and umbrella). The best free sandy (gravel) beach is the area in front of the church right next to the lire and to its east

There is a free tiny sand cove beach past napolean where the beach ends and sports courts begin.

The breakfast at the hotel is reasonable in price. You can also get just a croissant and coffee and they don't rip you off like other hotels do.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

If I get the train from the St. Augustin train station at Nice airport and if I am staying at this hotel do I get off the train at the Menton Garavan station? Is it much of a walk from this station? Approximately how many train stops is there between St. Augustine and Menton Garavan?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,705 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Garavan station is certainly nearer, but it's probably ten minutes walk.

About ten stops.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

Thanks. That's good info. Heading next month and just tidying up a few details.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Menton Palm Garavan Hotel

No there is no fridge in the room at this hotel but it would have been great to have one when we were there. To answer my own question above. The walk to the Garavan train station from this hotel took about 10 minutes. It's a nice small station and there was a very helpful lady there who spoke excellent English. We also timed the walk from this hotel to the other Menton train station from this hotel and that walk took 30 minutes.

Get answers to your questions about Menton