We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter crewed yacht for a week

Hawaii
Level Contributor
406 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Charter crewed yacht for a week

I would like to charter aa apron. 80 foot (approx 25 M) yacht for a week next summer along the Cote d'Azur. Can anyone recommend a company and what is the best port to go out of? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Finland
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter crewed yacht for a week

Obviously flying to Nice, the easiest available yacht ports are Antibes/Juan les Pins/Golfe Juan and Nice, but Cannes is not far either. All these work well for you. As you buy a week, I'm sure the charter company picks you up at the airport and arranges basically everything for you, at a price.

We are not renting those boats for obvious reasons, but I have some professional contacts to people who either own or rent those. One company with a good reputation is "212 Yachts". I would suggest you to search for references, which may not be that easy. - TripAdvisor is perhaps not the right place to find references for big boat charters, and many of the customers are quite discrete to give any contacts, again for obvious reasons. You could perhaps assign someone you trust to review the boat, the crew etc. before you buy?

If you do not plan to go far, just the some 150 miles Monaco - Cassis, you could also think about a (big) sailboat as an alternative. Quiet and comfy ride, lots of space in the hull. Nice places to visit include the islands at Cannes and Hyeres.

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Cannes
Cannes
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Hyeres
Hyeres
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,924 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Charter crewed yacht for a week

Antibes is the main yacht port on the Riviera and the HQ of many yacht brokers . If you Google "yacht brokers antibes" you will pull up a list. Hill Robinson and Camper & Nicholson are 2 major operators.

Ed

Mentioned in this post
Antibes
Antibes
Hawaii
Level Contributor
406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charter crewed yacht for a week

Great, this was helpful and pointed me into the right direction to do my own research. I did find 212 Yachts in my search already. Again thanks again. I agree this is probably not the best place to seek out exactly what I was looking for but both of you pointed me into the right direction to start my inquiry. Thanks ask much.

4. Re: Charter crewed yacht for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2017, 01:49

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,550 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charter crewed yacht for a week

It's against Forum rules tp promote your business here.

Reported for advertising / solicitation...

Again.

Reply to: Charter crewed yacht for a week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted