We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
26 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

Hey guys,

A friend and I are looking at booking a 3 night trip to Nice at the end of June this year.

Neither of us have ever been before.

We’re after a weekend of casually walking around,taking in a few sights,nice evening meals and a lot of wine.

We’re looking at hotels at the moment but I thought maybe some of the great TA community might have some good suggestions for two girls in their twenties who want to be close enough to the centre without breaking the bank.We’re not particularly fussed about amenities in the hotel,mainly just somewhere that’s clean and comfortable to rest our heads after exploring.

Any advice would be welcomed !

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,820 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

Approximate budget?

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,113 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

We stayed at Hotel Windsor several times. It is in a very good location and is reasonable although that means different things to different people. Give it a surf..

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

I stayed in Hotel 64 https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g18… Very modern, right on the main shopping street Avenue Jean Medecin and also very close to the train station. Would stay there again.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

Jen, the great TA community all stayed in different hotels, some even rented apartments.

If everyone starts naming theirs, you can just as well go directly to booking.com or any other accomodation site, choose a few that suit you and come back with questions like which of the two is better from this or that point of view.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,301 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

You should be looking at the Carré d'Or district (Google for map) for somewhere central and walkable but not too raucous like the Old Town. If looking at the iconic seafront Promenade des Anglais make sure you're not too far along it. ..it's 7km long.

Ed

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!

The following website provides a map highlighting the Carré d'Or area in Nice. It's almost 17 years since my first trip to Nice and I stayed in this area...I have returned to Nice on multiple occasions every year since. We are based further West now but that suits us.

Reply to: First time in Nice-Recommendations needed!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted