We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May?

England
Level Contributor
190 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May?

Hi all,

We are considering going to Nice for the first time for 4 nights at the beginning of May and have read it can be quite wet. We have a toddler who will be 2 years old and wondered if it may be too cold? Obviously I appreciate we can not predict the weather, but wondered if anyone had any experience of going away during this time, especially with a toddler? Thank you!

9 replies to this topic
Vence, France
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May?

You're from England and have worries about weather on the Cote d'Azur in May?

England
Level Contributor
190 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May?

LOL! You have a good point, but even more reason for me to find a good chance of sunshine!!! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,798 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May?

I’ve gone in April and gone to the beach. May can be sunny and warm, or partially rainy and cool in the evenings.

Even at its coldest/wettest, you’re likely to get some sun and some drinks/coffee in an outdoor cafe.

June is safer if you want true beach weather daily.

But I’ve gone in April and literally sunburned.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,086 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May?

The weather Gods always make sure that the Cannes Film Festival gets it's healthy share of rain.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
11,289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May?

My grandchildren come in late May and sometimes I worry that it's going to be too hot and sunny. And in 2017 it was. They spent the days on the beach slathered in sun cream. But swam every day too. Normally it's spring showers and spring flowers but any rain is short lived.

Ed

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May?

"But I’ve gone in April and literally sunburned."

- True.

Indeed, be careful about exposing the baby to the sunshine, a change of climate can be tricky.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
607 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in May?

Yesterday in Nice was like a good day in Scotland in the summer, circa 18 degrees. Slightly cooler today but pleasant.

Unless you are unlucky, May should be warm enough for most people used to the climate in the U.K.!

Aix-en-Provence...
Level Contributor
550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in May?

Have you considered going to Weatherunderground.com, plugging in Nice and your dates and then looking at the weather history? Took me about a minute.

https:/…

Edited: 24 January 2018, 19:34
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
168 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in May?

Fact is in this day and age it’s getting harder and harder to predict. Yes we can go off averages, but we never know what’s in store for the future. I’m from Southern California and it’s only rained 2” this winter. Last winter was wet and cold and the year before that dry. You just never know.

I’m sure it will be nice for the most part. No pun intended ;)

Reply to: Weather in May?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted