We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather-Nice-Now!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Weather-Nice-Now!!

Hi

Coming to Nice on Friday and the weather forecast doesn't look good. Can't believe I am leaving the wonderful sunshine we are having in Scotland!! Can anyone in Nice give me better news that the weather is ok at the moment??

Hopefully

Jenmac

France
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

France
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

Apologies, I responded under my usual name but TA would not accept it, hence the blank! No rhyme nor reason to it but hey, is there. ever!!!

Anyway, as I said under my previous name, the weather has been been very changeable in April - as expected We had a great rainstorm this afternoon but the sun came out very quickly and normality was restored

Having lived in Glasgow once upon a time, I cannot imagine you comparing your weather with this ... unless you agree wholeheartedy that GW is taking place!!!!

I think you should bring your suncream and take care in the May sun, it can cause so much damage to the unwary.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

No, honestly, the weather here has been fantastic, we are having the hottest April on record, temperature is 19 degrees and lovely and sunny! It''s unbelievable!

Am sure we will have a great time in Nice whatever the weather - will bring my umbrella though!

Bahamas
Level Contributor
935 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

jenmac ~ I believe you LOL, Sweden's west coast is enjoying the same. "The weather network" I go to, is showing much improved weather for the Monday + (after you arrive). (possible showers before that)

Some weather reports though can be terribly misleading! My daughter went to one this past Friday (BBC I think) , looking up the Bahamas. It said that we would be having thunder storms galore during her week-stay. It's been wonderful sunshine with just the odd little white puffy cloud ~ she and SO are out deepsea fishing this afternoon (she was so worried that she'd lose her deposit) ~ instead she had to bring longpants and long-sleeve shirt in case there is too much sunshine.

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

If you want to know what the weather was like during the last hours have a look at this website:

weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/LFMN.html

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

The Riviera has had an incredibly dry winter. If there isn't some substantial rain soon there are going to be big problems with the water supply, so the locals are praying for rain. Something which doesn't appear on the weather reports is the heat of the sun. Temperatures in London have been consistently higher than Nice for much of the spring but, because the sun is so much higher in the sky, it almost always feels hotter in Nice.

When it rains in Nice, it really does rain: none of that drizzle we tend to get here. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you get at least a few sunny days. This is not entirely selfless, as I will also be there on Monday.

England, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

Just come back, having packed long sleeved tops and cardigan in view of the internet weather forecasts, it was in fact hot and sunny all day. Definitely icecream weather. I just had to go to C&A's to buy more tops. Yesterday there was a tremendous amount of rain but very short lived - we weren't out in it so were OK. But the sun came out again afterwards.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

Thanks all for your replies.

Really looking forward to it now - getting excited!!

Am going to pack mainly 'light' clothes with an umbrella and lightweight rain jacket just in case!

Will report back on my return.

Cheers!

Jen

9. Re: Weather-Nice-Now!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Nice