We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train passes for tarvelling from Nice

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Train passes for tarvelling from Nice

Hi everyone

My wife and I along with our 16 month old daughter will be travelling to Nice next March for a week and are looking at taking a few day trips- Cannes, Monaco, Antibes etc. and were looking at travelling by train as easier with a toddler

Is there any passes we could buy that would make it better value than buying seperate tickets and I alos presume our daughter who will be 16 months will travel for free?

Many thanks

D

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
121 reviews
from US$103.20*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
629 reviews
from US$97.40*
US$108.20
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
401 reviews
from US$131.80*
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
451 reviews
from US$97.40*
US$108.20
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train passes for tarvelling from Nice

However sensible it would be to have a tourist railpass, there isn't. In fact buying tickets is one of the biggest pains in travel here. It can take up to 15 minutes at its busiest to get a ticket at Nice Gare Ville. My advice would be to buy the tickets some time before you travel, and not when you travel - its less stressful.

You can safely assume a babe in arms travels free, as it doesnt normally occupy a seat.At least I would assume under 2's go free

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train passes for tarvelling from Nice

It is quicker at the multi-lingual ticket machines using credit card or cash but even there there is a 5 minute queue on a friday.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train passes for tarvelling from Nice

Cheers for the replies guys- much appreciated

D

4. Re: Train passes for tarvelling from Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 19:19